Chit Chat
Options

Cake Ideas

2»

Re: Cake Ideas

• Options
    Lol. I feel boring reading about these cakes. We just got a traditional white wedding cake with buttercream icing.
  • Options
    I just want to eat some damn cake.

Oh shit... can y'all hear the PMS rumbling? I should stop reading this thread.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    We are talking about doing an ice cream cake because of FI's wheat allergy. Gluten free cakes are so expensive/hard to make/bad tasting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Some of the ones I love:
    Blue Floral Wedding CakePretty!
    And if we decide to go with cupcakes instead:
    the coloursimage.
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    We are talking about doing an ice cream cake because of FI's wheat allergy. Gluten free cakes are so expensive/hard to make/bad tasting.

I wish you lived near me! There is a baker in my area that makes some absolutely fantastic gluten free cakes and she's not crazy expensive. My BFF's sister and mom have Celiac's and had GF cupcakes at her sister's wedding reception. FI didn't believe me when I said that they were GF. So yummy and no weird texture like I sometimes taste with GF baked goods. On the other hand, ice cream sounds absolutely delectable and something I would not turn down.

FI has a corn allergy and I thought it was going to be a nightmare trying to find a bakery and crazy expensive if we did but luckily a woman that works out with his parents owns a shop and the mix she uses has tapioca starch instead of corn starch.

• Options
    FI and I both really dislike cake, so this is going to be really tough for us. I HATE the taste of cake... how am I supposed to pick one?
  • Options
    FI and I both really dislike cake, so this is going to be really tough for us. I HATE the taste of cake... how am I supposed to pick one?
    Don't have cake?

I mean, I'm all for cake eight days a week. But if you really don't like it, have something else! Ice cream, cookies, pie, a fruit mountain. Just have something sweet for the people who like sweets and you're golden.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Pies and pastires are a good alternative! Or ice cream. Ice cream everyday.

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    Don't have cake?

I mean, I'm all for cake eight days a week. But if you really don't like it, have something else! Ice cream, cookies, pie, a fruit mountain. Just have something sweet for the people who like sweets and you're golden.
    We actually don't like sweets at all, so we are indifferent. Both cake, and a small desert buffet is included in our venue package so we might as well just have it all. I just don't know how we are going to go about choosing specifics, haha.
  • Options
    DH and I had cake at our wedding, but I'm not a huge fan. I used to decorate cakes, so I am way past burnt out on heavy sweet buttercream. We also had a s'mores bar, so there is a pic in our wedding album of him feeding me a gooey s'mores.
    Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards