Wisconsin

Wedding Dress Preservation

Has anyone had their dress cleaned and perserved after thier wedding?  The train of my dress got really dirty so I want to get it cleaned and then do the dress preservation to protect it while it's in storgae.

Can anyone suggest a cleaner near Green Bay?  If not in Green Bay I am willing to drive further.

I'm so nervous about getting it cleaned, I've read some bad stories online and don't want anything to happen to my dress.

Re: Wedding Dress Preservation

• lizm336lizm336 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still need to take mine in, but I'm probalby going to take it to a local dry cleaners that also does preservation.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took mine to the salon where I got my dress (Savvy Bride) and they sent it out for cleaning & preservation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • dflawlesspairdflawlesspair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't found anyone yet, I'd recommend Martinizing. Many of the locations do the cleaning on-ste or at least locally. They did a nice job on my dress. I did a lot of research on this since I had a custom dress made that was one of a kind and obviously very important to me to preserve. They don't seal the dress and I had read it's important to take your dress out every couple of years to inspect and re-fold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards