Wisconsin
Options

Blush by Brittany Not high quality

Hi, (pic of her work in my profile) I had a trial traditional makeup service done December 10, 2011 for $50 from Blush by Brittany. My skin tone is dark. I spoke with her in-depth about her experience working with darker skin tones and she assured me she had foundation for every skin tone. I requested a very natural look with nude matte lips, matte foundation, and angelic eyes. Her first attempted she put black eyeliner on me, gold eye shadow, and bright ruby cheeks. I advised her it was too dramatic and looked like I had a ton of makeup on and that I wanted more of a subtle look. She didn't take the black off but instead added plum eye shadow. She did not blend my eye makeup very well.  I showed her pictures of me with more natural makeup and she said "If you like that look you should do it yourself." She didn't say it in an offensive way but if I could do it why couldn't she?? Didn't seem like she cared whether or not she gained my business. I had my photographer take pictures of me after she completed my makeup and it was not stunning as any bride would want to look. I decided not to go with her because she didn't have foundation to match my skin, didn't blend my eye shadow, did not use or have natural colors, her makeup techniques are basic (not at all as displayed on her website. She didn't contour my foundation, use primer, curl my lashes, etc.) 

I tipped her an extra $5 out of courtesy but her skill level is not worth her prices. For her work she should charge $10 for a trial not $50 and $30 for onsite bridal service and not $200. Her work is amateur at best.

Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012

Re: Blush by Brittany Not high quality

• Options
    hjmielkehjmielke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience there... If you are still looking for someone I have a friend who used to work at beauty but just opened a new salon with her mom in the falls. Her name is Kerrie Baumann and the salons name is tangerine. They do excellent work. I go to get my hair done there and had her come to my hotel for my wedding day to do my hair and makeup as well. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    In response to the review above:

I did exactly what you and your mother asked me to do.  Your mother requested that I add eyeliner like a photo that she showed me and I did.  You showed me a photo of how you do your make-up naturally and your mother told me to do your make-up more dramatic.  I told you I would do any make-up you would like but they were convinced that you should have eyeliner.  You asked for the plum eyeshadow and I did it for you.  You asked for lashes and I did them for you and did not charge you. 

When you hire a make-up artist you are looking for a different opinion or don't know how to do your make-up yourself so you hire a professional.  I cannot do your make-up exactly how you do it yourself.  Another make-up artist couldn't do my make-up exactly how I do it either.  I never said if you like it then do it yourself.  Why do you want me to do your make-up if you want me to give you the same look you do on yourself? It makes sense. 

Your lashes were already curly and if you want fake lashes its harder to apply lashes if they are curled already because they will pop off. 

Your foundation did match.  It was Glominerals.  Which does not contain mica and is perfect for a natural finish. 

I didn't use natural eye shadow colors because you didn't ask for them.  Your family told you to have more dramatic.  Also being that you have great skin, you didn't need primer. 

These are all things that I know from doing over 500 brides and bridesmaids and 30 weddings a year over the last 6 years.  And North Carolina is right, I only travel in Wisconsin. 

To sum it all up I was getting a different request from your family versus what you wanted.  I did both.  What else was I supposed to do?  We even took pictures of both of the looks so you could compare.  How can I make you happy if I am being told you should have two completely different looks? You also stated that you have never had your make-up done before so I would suggest getting another opinion and attending that trial by yourself.

Good Luck,
    Brittany
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_blush-brittany-not-high-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:8a5275a8-6d74-493e-a6eb-00e0d2dd367dPost:e7a044d0-a803-44af-b221-84895a4062a7">Re: Blush by Brittany Not high quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]In response to the review above: I did exactly what you and your mother asked me to do.  Your mother requested that I add eyeliner like a photo that she showed me and I did.  You showed me a photo of how you do your make-up naturally and your mother told me to do your make-up more dramatic.  I told you I would do any make-up you would like but they were convinced that you should have eyeliner.  You asked for the plum eyeshadow and I did it for you.  You asked for lashes and I did them for you and did not charge you.  When you hire a make-up artist you are looking for a different opinion or don't know how to do your make-up yourself so you hire a professional.  I cannot do your make-up exactly how you do it yourself.  Another make-up artist couldn't do my make-up exactly how I do it either.  I never said if you like it then do it yourself.  Why do you want me to do your make-up if you want me to give you the same look you do on yourself? It makes sense.  Your lashes were already curly and if you want fake lashes its harder to apply lashes if they are curled already because they will pop off.  Your foundation did match.  It was Glominerals.  Which does not contain mica and is perfect for a natural finish.  I didn't use natural eye shadow colors because you didn't ask for them.  Your family told you to have more dramatic.  Also being that you have great skin, you didn't need primer.  These are all things that I know from doing over 500 brides and bridesmaids and 30 weddings a year over the last 6 years.  And North Carolina is right, I only travel in Wisconsin.  To sum it all up I was getting a different request from your family versus what you wanted.  I did both.  What else was I supposed to do?  We even took pictures of both of the looks so you could compare.  How can I make you happy if I am being told you should have two completely different looks? You also stated that you have never had your make-up done before so I would suggest getting another opinion and attending that trial by yourself. Good Luck, Brittany
    Posted by mua brittany[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are not supposed to post that publicly. Talking about your product/services publicly on the boards is not allowed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_blush-brittany-not-high-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:8a5275a8-6d74-493e-a6eb-00e0d2dd367dPost:e6e1f146-21ac-440c-b7ee-dd7138532584">Re: Blush by Brittany Not high quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blush by Brittany Not high quality : Yeah you are not supposed to post that publicly. Talking about your product/services publicly on the boards is not allowed.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

She was responding herself to a review on the board.  I don't think that qualifies as talking about her services, as she wasn't promoting her business, just clarifying a situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards