Wisconsin
Options

Madison - Concourse or The Madison Club???

Hi Everyone!
Me and my FH are trying to decide between the Concourse Hotel and Govenors Club and The Madison Club. It's a really tough choice! They're both beautiful and appear to be the same cost. Have any of you had your weddings at either? Or been to other people's weddings at either? I want to know how nice it looked, how easy they were to work with, any hidden costs, etc.
Thanks!
Helen
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Madison - Concourse or The Madison Club???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at the Concourse and it was very nice.  The food was good too.  There was another wedding occurring on the same floor at the same time.  The rooms did not have a view of the lake or the capitol. 

Sorry I am not more help, but I was just a guest and don't know anything about the planning or logistics. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding at the Concourse as well and it was very nice.  I heard they were wonderful to work with.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    hmholdenhmholden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception this summer at the Concourse. The reception was wonderful. Our catering manager that we worked with was great and made sure that she knew exactly what needed to be done on the day of the wedding. One nice thing about the Concourse is that they set up everything in the reception room for you, including all your centerpieces. So we didn’t have to worry about any set-up for the reception on the day of the wedding. And everything looked perfect.

During the reception, our catering manager was great about checking in and keeping us on schedule. And the whole staff was extremely helpful and attentive. And the food was all wonderful.

The morning after brunch was also great. We were set-up in a 2 room location and the buffet was in one room and dining in the other room. Food was all great, kept well stocked by the waitstaff.

The only reason I was disappointed was because they overbooked rooms for the night of our wedding. Some of our guests were given the choice of a smoking room (even though they had booked a non-smoking) or the opportunity to go to another hotel (and given a voucher for a future stay at the Concourse). This really bothered me because we had our block of rooms reserved for 1 year ahead of time and people made reservations at least a month ahead of time. It wasn’t a lot of people but they were upset about it and it made me upset too.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Concourse for your reception.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Concourse. I would go with the Madison Club. you can PM if you need more info but it wasn't bad just not great. Lots of communication issues, lost cake topper, and billing issues
    KRHagen November 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards