Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Venue decisions!

I'm newly engaged and planning to get married next summer. I'm super flexible with the date. We're trying to keep costs down but don't want a traditional hall bc that's not us. Guest list is around 130. My finance's cousin recently had his reception at The Columbia Ballroom and I fell in love with the place! I'm a little hesitate to have it there bc were the next ones getting married in the family but I loved everything there including the food! Today I went to Grand Pacific Junction and I fell in more love with this venue. It's so different and again very us. I love the character. I just wish it was a little bigger.. We say it set up for a group as large as what I'm planning on and while it didn't feel cramped. It just doesn't have a large space.. Anyone have a reception here?? I know they will break down the head table for more room on the dance floor. Just having a hard time picturing if it would be cramped in there even though there is plenty to walk around especially with all the outdoor shops and the little courtyard.

Re: Venue decisions!

• Options
    I absolutely loved Grand Pacific Junction but you are correct the size is the downfall. I never even looked for my own wedding (though we took pictures in the area and had our rehearsal at the Moosehead across the street) because of the size and how we were treated at a reception there (both the venue and bride and groom's fault). 

It was a few years ago and our table was for 3 people, upstairs in a corner. There were many tables squeezed into the room. We felt terrible and couldn't see anything! Not the cake cutting, first dance, toasts. My BIL and SIL were even in the wedding party. We had to walk up and down the stairs to get our food and after dinner they moved us downstairs where we didn't have a table for the rest of the night. The groom's mother apologized and said that was just how they did things at the venue? Awful experience! 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Options
    uszakkuszakk member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Take a look at Springvale Ballroom. It's very close to the area you're looking and very elegant. Plenty of space - they can accommodate up to 300 so you'd have plenty of space even without taking down the head table. The food was great, coordinator was easy to work with, I have nothing but positives to say about the place! 
  • Options
    I saw that they could put ppl upstairs and I would never do that! When we walked through they had the buffet set up in the same space at the bar which makes more sense than upstairs! That sounds terrible! We saw it set up for 125 and our list is 130 so I know we would all fit on the first floor. And it didn't feel cramped with the tables. I thought about putting a photo booth upstairs actually.. Again not sure if the amazing atmosphere is worth the small space. Trying to get ahold of Columbia Ballroom bc I know they have a ton of space. And I will totally look into the Springvale! Always open to suggestions! Thanks girls!!
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2014
    Springvale has been great. A huge downfall is they charge $40 a plate for children, which I should have asked upfront bc it is not advertised. Most of the children who would have attended where under the age of 8. I am now only having an adult reception.

I would not recommend them for smaller weddings. U have to pay an extra $1000.

Venue is beautiful though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards