Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Cheap rental venues for ceremony/reception?

My fiance and I are on a serious budget. Ideally under 8,000 for the whole wedding, no more than 10,000 if need be! I've been considering giving up on planning a shindig for our 125 guests and just eloping instead, but I think I'll regret my family not being there. I've done an extensive search for all kinds of traditional venues, but most are out of our budget, so our best bet is to DIY most of the wedding. I would love to just rent a park with pavilions but most of them ban alcohol! My matron of honor and I love Tinicum Barn in Erwinna, but my fiance doesn't :(

The cheapest option I've found is The Schuylkill Center: http://www.schuylkillcenter.org/event-rentals/facilities.php

But if any of you know of any other places we can rent for 1500 or less, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Cheap rental venues for ceremony/reception?

• Options
    I just went to an event called Say I Do at the Zoo. Elmwood Park Zoo rents out for $1500 on a Saturday night. The ballroom is really, really pretty and the zoo is really a unique place to have a wedding! And their ceremony area is included. It's a really good deal.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
  • Options
    Also check out the Four Points by Sheraton in Northeast Philadelphia. They can customize a wedding package for you. Including food and alcohol.  Their package is already pretty reasonable. They include the wedding cake and flowers so that is two less things you would need to worry about.

Will you consider cutting down your wedding guest list at all??
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't even bothered to look at them cause I assumed they'd be expensive. Thanks! And unfortunately we can't cut it down anymore. I got a big family!
  • Options
    Its worth a shot.
    I know there regular menu package is $79.00 all inclusive, but they can customize a package to try and fit within your budget. That 79 includes cake, flowers, bar, overnight room for you and your fiance, taxes, service charge.. Its worth a shot.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually found a couple I like that are more affordable for me - Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro, NJ and Beka's at the Polonia in Philly!
  • Options
    I know that you can rent park pavilions in Fairmount Park in Philly and I'm pretty sure they allow you to BYOB.  You might just need a permit.
  • Options
    Def check out Elmwood Park Zoo! We are getting married there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards