June 2015 Weddings
Options

What is everyone working on?

Hey we are a year away! Is everyone getting excited? What projects are you working on for the wedding? I'm doing these origami lotus flowers that are really time consuming and I'm working on gathering addresses. I can't believe how fast time goes!

Re: What is everyone working on?

• Options
    I'm too excited! all i talk about or think about is wedding stuff! right now we are drafting the guest list and still trying to find some vendors. we still need a DJ and officiant. 
  • Options
    I'm currently getting addresses and designing the STDs
  • Options
    Guest list and we still need a photographer/videographer.
  • Options
    Booked our venue on Friday, going to try on dresses this coming Saturday, and started emailing vendors. I'm getting so excited! 
    photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just waiting on a proposal from the florist I met with and then we will have all our vendors!
  • Options
    We are still compiling the whole guest list... whenever I think we're done, someone else pops up. I also am working on the Save the Dates.
  • Options
    We just had our engagement pictures done. I should get those back in the next week and decide if I want to use them for our Save The Dates.

I am also working on compiling addresses and we just booked our officiant. He is a family friend of both FI and I who happens to be a judge in our hometown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Starting from scratch! :( I felt like I would be more prepared than this at this point! It's been crazy! My sister is prego and due this August. Her shower is in two weeks and my mom has been completely consumed with that. We have family vacation in September. I feel like I will wind up only having 6 months to work on this! :(
  • Options
    I am going dress shopping this weekend and need to get quotations from florists.

Hall, officiant, DJ and photographer are booked.
  • Options
    Venue, band, photographer booked. Dress ordered, due to come in in august or september. Save the Dates And Invitations picked, met with our first caterer, and have already started talking to florists! Pinning registry items on a secret pinterest board so that when it comes time to do the actual registry I'm ready to go! Color swatches purchased for bridesmaids. Fiance has wedding ring picked, i've narrowed mine down to a few finalists. Decor saved on amazon wishlist for easy purchase when ready. Can you tell we're really excited?
  • Options
    @Llikotdesserd

I hear you! I was very excited too, I've had a very long engagement and got everything done a while back and everyone thought I was crazy :)
  • Options
    It makes it so much easier to get it done and out of the way!  We are trying to do as much as possible now at a rather leisurly pace so we don't have to stress about that stuff closer to the day! 
  • Options
    SilverGlitter05 - I am SO happy we've gotten so much done so early. All of our vendors are shocked we're this far ahead of the ball, but with my job there are months that I can't focus on wedding planning, so by getting it done early I can just relax for most of this next year, and focus on getting myself in shape. I'll feel REALLY good once we get a caterer locked in!
  • Options
    We booked our venue in April, and the guest list is pretty much done. We have quotes from photographers and caterers (we still need to meet with them). I'm waiting to go dress shopping until the end of summer, when I am closer to my ideal wedding weight :) We have narrowed down wedding colors and flowers, and invitations/STDs. And the officiant is my father, and my FMIL is a baker so she is making the cake. I think I will feel more on-track once the caterer and photographer are booked, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cstar1015cstar1015 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully if we love the photographer we're meeting with this weekend, most of the majors will be done - booked Venue in February, DJ, Ceremony Music, Dress and Hotel block in April. Cake is included with venue so we pick that out from the bakery later on. Finalizing the guest list within the next 2 months or so - so we can accurately plan transportation. 

It's close enough now that the FH is on board with helping to plan! :)
  • Options
    We are getting married June 20,2015. We have our venue, caterer, DJ, photographer and cake booked. We also purchased our centerpieces, votives, chair covers and sashes. This weekend we shopped for wedding rings. I am so excited to get so much done but there is still a lot to do. I know this year will fly by : )
  • Options
    JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    we have most of the big things so next step is looking for a dj and booking him, going to preview invitations, purchasing my dress, and start to think about our first dance song. 

So far we have: 
    Church
    Venue/Caterer (its a restaurant)
    Coordinator
    Photographer
    Baker/Cake
    Guest List
    Wedding Ring for FI

ETA: I forgot somethings

• Options
    Currently working on my dress, the caterer, and the florist. We have our ceremony/reception site, officiant, and photographer. 
  • Options
    Decor - I am trying to wash and paint my wine bottles for centre pieces before the nice weather is gone so that they can be painted outside.

I have hangers to design so my fiance can wood burn them for the bridesmaids dresses.

Finished cutting corks for the place cards ! A friend is making the card design for me :)

Sent my save the dates.

• Options

Right now we are trying to agree on invitation designs, and decide if we are going to send out STD's

• Options
    June 2015 must be the month for planners!
    I'm working on the yard games, for all those who don't like to dance, finalizing the guest list, looking at save-the-dates (just had engagement pictures done, should have them next week!!), bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts, my guest signing quilt.

Already have the cake, officiant, dress, venue, dj, photographer, wedding planner.

• Options
    Church, Venue, Photographer, Videographer, DJ all booked. Dress purchased.

Mostly finished designing all our paper elements, but haven't decided whether I'm going to print myself or have them printed by someone else. Working on pricing out all the elements for my DIY centerpieces and ribbon wands to make sure I won't be starring in the next Pinterest fail.

Next up on the docket is deciding on transportation and whether I can afford a florist for the bouquets or if I'm going to DIY those as well.
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Just finished folding 1,001 paper cranes for decoration! Have a few other projects for decor I'd like to get started on, but my main priority is finding a DJ, party bus, and picking invites.
  • Options
    LaBellaBarv66LaBellaBarv66 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2014
    @alsun I'm working on folding 150 lotus flowers... i feel your pain!
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @silverglitter05...right!? I feel like I am developing premature arthritis ha. Hopefully it will be worth it :-) What are you planning to do with your flowers?
  • Options
    @alsun
    They're going to be place cards/ favors people can take home :)
  • Options
    Venue, caterer, photographer, DJ and officiant are all booked. Dress has been purchased and will come in probably November/early December. Have my maids and he has his groomsmen. I know the color of the dresses, just need to go shopping with my girls. Same with the men. STD are picked out, I just need to finish gathering addresses. I'm procrastinating on the florist because I'm pretty overwhelmed with my options and can't make a decision. Same with the decorations for the reception. I feel like I'm making progress, but my to-do list still seems overwhelming!
  • Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  I think you took all of the words right out of my mouth!  I wish someone could design my wedding for me.  Lol
  • Options
    So far we've booked our venue, photographer, and ceremony musicians.  Working on finalizing the catering agreement, and we're going next week to hear our band play live, but haven't signed contracts yet on either of those things!!  Been reaching out to hotels for wedding blocks and to officiants this week. 

Next up: flowers, cake, dress, and the thing I've been dying to do for years:  THE REGISTRY ;)

This is SO much fun!!!!!  And I can't stop pinning things to my secret Pinterest Wedding Board!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like we're in good shape, we have the ceremony and reception venues booked, we've lassoed a friend of ours (an amazing public speaker and wonderful person) into being our officiant, we booked our photographer, we've set up the registries, and I bought my dress! I knew I wanted to go to the charity second-hand bridal shop across town first, and when I found a dress for $275 that's going to need minimal alterations that I couldn't stop feeling great about, I was more than happy to snap it up and check that big to-do off the list. 

The big things on my radar are determining what to do for music and getting started on save-the-dates/invites. Beyond that, getting a room block settled, starting to make decisions about flowers, and telling my grandma to step off. My aunt and grandma are both giving a lot of unsolicited advices/"you should do this", of course they lead off with "you should do whatever you want because someone's going to be unhappy", so I'll just follow that one thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards