Wisconsin

door county

Hi everyone
I am really liking the idea of a wedding in door county- on the beach, or in a park by the water....with a buffet-- tents....DIY decor.....
does anyone have any suggestions?
my ideal would be renting a house that can accommodate 10 people, but with a large yard enough for a 50 + wedding ceremony & reception.
I also have a tight budget...preferrably $5000.....
any input would be awesome,
thanks!

Re: door county

• edited August 2012
    I'm getting married in Sturgeon Bay next summer at Lodge at Leathem Smith.  We are going to have 150-200 guests, so we're planning something much bigger than what you're thinking.  I'm finding that Door County weddings aren't cheap, so doing it on a budget might be tough.  My biggest recommendation so far is to consider Econo Foods in Sturgeon Bay for your cake and flowers.  The first time I heard this recommendation I was turned off by the idea of a grocery store, but then I heard it from a few more people.  I haven't done a TON of research on Econo yet, but I did have brief preliminary conversations with someone in the bakery and in the floral department and was fairly impressed (moreso with the bakery than the floral).  I will definitely be going back to get more info as the date approaches.
  • I am getting married next fall in Door County.  We are having a small wedding.  The plan is to get married in Sister Bay at the Catholic Church and will host the reception at one of the banquest rooms at the Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay. they have plenty of rooms/options for guests to stay and they are letting us use the room for free becasue we are blocking off rooms for ourselves/guests  I also found someone to do the cake called the Flour Girl Passtier(sp)  she is on Facebook and her cakes are beautiful.  I am still looking into flowers, etc.  But our guest list is going to be between 60-70 and I think you just need to be resourceful and you can have a wedding in Door County that is beautiful/memorable within your budget.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_door-county-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:abb45212-ae02-40a3-8f23-d2ec85d8cd04Post:46796eb2-a0c2-4994-af9c-9a33353d1cda">door county</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone I am really liking the idea of a wedding in door county- on the beach, or in a park by the water....with a buffet-- tents....DIY decor..... does anyone have any suggestions? my ideal would be renting a house that can accommodate 10 people, but with a large yard enough for a 50 + wedding ceremony & reception. I also have a tight budget...preferrably $5000..... any input would be awesome, thanks!
    Posted by heatherann27[/QUOTE]
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    My friend's brother is getting married in door county this Sept. Check out this website...
    http://www.doorcountybride.com/

She blogs everything to help other interested brides.

• Hope you've found a place already but if not you might be interested in Bay Shore Inn.  They say they can hold up to 60 people for an indoor reception and are right on the water for an outdoor reception.

I got my cake from EconoFoods and I love them.  I don't think the person I worked with is still there but I've gotten two cakes from them after and the new person decorates them great.  I believe to serve 117 people I paid $300 including delivery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards