Wisconsin
Options

hiring security?

So last night I finally got the contract from my reception venue.  I was reading it over to make sure every detail was covered.

I came across something I was never told in the millions of time I have talked with the coordinator or either of the times we went to see the venue.

In the contract it says we must hire our own security for our reception.  And it lists 2 potention opions to call.  In order to confirm our date we must show proof of hiring a security company. 

Is this common?

Has anyone had to do this or know how much this runs?

Anyone know of any security companies that do this?  So basically do I have to pay someone to just come to my wedding and sit in the corner making sure we don't get roudy?  I am so confused!

We went with this site because it fit our budget and I am worried about this additional expense that I had no idea and it might really mess with my beautifully created budget!

any thoughts?

Amanda

Re: hiring security?

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How odd - never heard of that before.  If you won't mind sharing - what venue is this?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, what venue are we talking about?  I've never heard of such a thing for weddings.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Dousman Ottawa Community Center

it's a Lion's Club run facility.
  • Options
    jnnfrpwlnskjnnfrpwlnsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend was married at a place called The Loft & Chapel in Waukesha.
    They charged them for a securtiy person but the day of the wedding their was NO ONE!  Do not know what happened after that.
  • Options
    cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have to have security--I think they said because our reception venue is a historic building with an attached mansion. Our cost is $125 for the whole night. I know we can also look for our own company but I haven't even really thought about it.
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

In Racine, it's required.  It's $100 at our venue.

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_hiring-security?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:ad837174-0815-40b3-a20e-14b22db9f5a7Post:6c503109-03c1-4f00-aeac-1df768285619">Re: hiring security?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have to have security--I think they said because our reception venue is a historic building with an attached mansion. Our cost is $125 for the whole night. I know we can also look for our own company but I haven't even really thought about it.
    Posted by cc7003[/QUOTE]

Are you at the Masonic Center?  it's beautiful!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive heard of it (not being manditiry though). I guess the latest thing has been people to come in and steal the card box. Really in the middle of a wedding who really notices things like that. Special Ops out of sheboygan travels all over wisconsin for different jobs. Im not sure about the pricing, you would have to call and confirm. My Fiance works for this company and you can have them armed or unarmed. Here is their website. 

http://special-operations.com/services.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine just got married last weekend and she had to pay for 2 security gaurds to be at their reception. This was in Green Bay at the Rock Gardens... I find it kind of odd!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 197 invited to celebrate!
    image 187 Are ready to party! image 10 Are missing out! image 0 Make me stalk the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: September 2nd
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have to have security guards at our reception as well - they explained that it is for the security of the building not to watch our guests. Our reception is at the Masonic Center - its a larger building and we are the only event there on our day - so it made sense to us. They worked it in with the venue rental price and have people they always use to do it - it suprises me that your venue would make you hire security on your own. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Riverside Ballroom in Green Bay, and they have security with the package since there are two seperate ballrooms, they just have someone there to make sure guests arent checking out the other wedding!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    update- we are not required to get security.  They had that in the contract because they do require it for certain events.  But not for our wedding will it be necessary!

I am happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards