Registry and Gift Forum

No registry wanted, but still do one anyway?

FI and I are living together for 4,5 years now and have household item we need (including fine china and silver cutlery). We prefer cash, but obviously didn't mention it or a registry on our invites. We have really few items we'd like to upgrade, so I added the potential upgrades to our registry. We invited 80 people and so far 5 whether I can send them registry details (and my mom and FMIL have the details too, not sure if anyone asked them). 

Is it fine to keep the registry list at about 15 items (price range: $25-§250, way more in the low price area below $50) or should we update it and add new stuff? 

Re: No registry wanted, but still do one anyway?

• Just add whatever you need or want, most people can always use new towels, serving items, or something fun you wouldn't buy for yourself! but if you keep it small, guests will understand you prefer cash. I would decline a shower though, if present with that opportunity, since they are for 'showering the bride with presents'

good luck !
  • FI and I are living together for 4,5 years now and have household item we need (including fine china and silver cutlery). We prefer cash, but obviously didn't mention it or a registry on our invites. We have really few items we'd like to upgrade, so I added the potential upgrades to our registry. We invited 80 people and so far 5 whether I can send them registry details (and my mom and FMIL have the details too, not sure if anyone asked them). 

Is it fine to keep the registry list at about 15 items (price range: $25-§250, way more in the low price area below $50) or should we update it and add new stuff? 
    A small registry is a pretty universal clue that you have just about everything you want and cash would be preferred without actually coming out and saying it.

I would consider adding a few more items (new towels, sheets, etc.) that you can always use extra of.  This is not needed but will give your guests a few more options if they want to give you a physical gift.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thanks ladies!
    I'm not going to have a shower anyway as they are not known in Germany (except for baby showers).

I added some nice sheets, bedcover, linen, etc. After a week (and feedback from guests). We just got some rather expensive towels (25€ for hand towels (6), 40€ for bath towels(6)) last year, so I didn't add those. 

I can't believe how much people have bought from the registry by now. The parents of my MOH even got us the grill we wanted even though I thought it was way too expensive for anyone from outside our immediate family to buy it.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards