Wisconsin

Church costs????????

I was wondering what people around WI were paying for the church. I am finding it to be pretty expensive. Most places I looked it is not any cheaper if you are a member. Below are the prices for the church I think we are going with.
Pastor fee $200
Counseling fee and deposit $50
Wedding coordinator fee $150
Organist and vocalist $150 each (if we decided to do it)

ThanksSmile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Church costs????????

• kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Priest - $100 stipendParish fee - $100Musicians - $150Server for Liturgy of the Word with Marriage - $20 (this is a wedding without communion)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would have been $75, but I wanted the church for an extra hour earlier to get ready so the church coordinator charged me $125 instead. We are not members, so it was more than normal I guess.  Oh well, I wanted it.  The priest did not charge anything, but we gave him $50 anyways.  ST John the Evangelist in Green Bay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Church-$200 donation
    Organist-$100/hr, but she's gifting her time to me
    Choir-gifted as well, but I will prob. make a donation to the choir fund (I'm a choir member)
    Priests-normally included with the church fee, but we are being married by family members coming in from OOT-$100 each
    Engaged Encounter-I don't remember, whatever the diocisan charge is.  The rest of the marraige prep did not cost anything.

Immaculate Conception-Milwaukee

September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We had to pay $100 donation to the church.  There is no fee for the Deacon (plus he's relation).  We had $75 for a marriage seminar/prep.  The singer is no charge because she's a friend (but I'll be giving a gift).  The pianist I don't know yet.  Will find out hopefully this week.  I'd assume around $100.  This is in Green Bay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are paying $500 for the church fee, priest fee, cantor fee, musician fee. We also paid $100 for the engagement retreat. Its definitely more expensive than I thought it would be.
    BabyName Ticker
  • allegratreeallegratree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diocesan Marriage Prep Seminar: $75 (Catholic Diocese of Green Bay).
    Church stipend: $75 (St. Patrick, Mauston)
    Priest stipend: N/C, although we will most certainly give him a descent monetary gift.  He is traveling from out of town, so we will get him a hotel room so that he can also conduct the rehearsal the eve before. @ $70-80.
    Organist: $350 (Yes, that is correct; good chunk is his travel between Green Bay and Mauston.  We are both church musicians, and so are VERY particular about church music, and he is one of the best around.)
    Cantors/Song Leaders (4): Unsure yet, probably N/C.  All are friends and church music colleagues who have been doing Catholic church music for many years.  Will give a gift if nothing else.
    Altar Servers/Acolytes: Generally plan between $10 and $30 as a gift per server.  Usually 2 servers, but not always.  We are having four servers.

Be aware that most Catholic Churches require you to be a parishioner for x-number of months before they will even allow you to book a date, unless perhaps you were from that parish or have close family ties to it (as in our case).  This prevents people from just using the church "because it's pretty."  I'm sure this also holds true in many Protestant churches as well.  Source: 3 years professional experience in Catholic liturgy and music; 15 years total exp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards