Ohio-Cleveland

Married 6/7/14...here are my reviews!

Ceremony-Frostville Village Church- www.frostvillechurch.com I loved this church from the beginning and Cindy is really easy to work with. She is so friendly and made everything go smoothly! There are a lot of limits on decorations so if you're planning an over the top wedding, this isn't the place. But it was perfect for my small, intimate wedding!

Reception
- Michaud's Town and Country (Clarion Room)- Doris and her husband are both very friendly and also easy to work with. They kept with us since our first visit there, kept us updated, and reminded us of our payments. The banquet manager, bartender, and wait staff were also excellent. They kept everything clean, and made sure the hubby and I had everything we needed all night. I would definitely recommend them. Our room was beautiful with a huge window overlooking the courtyard.

Dress-
David's Bridal- David's Bridal was good at first, until they pushed every accessory possible on me. I went to get my bridesmaids dresses there also and received absolutely no help. We were basically stuck in a room and told to choose dresses because the guy working was dealing with a bigger party. Just thought it was kind of rude. Same thing when I went to get my shoes, because they were the only ones who had the pink shoes I wanted. The girl acted like it was a huge problem to go to the back to check for my size. I think it just depends on who you get. Some are friendly, some are not...but it's like that everywhere you go. It's a good place to find an inexpensive dress though.

Alterations-Julianne's Bridal-I refused to get my alterations done at David's because I've heard about how pricey they are so I went with Julianne's in Columbia Station. She's amazing! Hem & Bustle for $130 and she added some hooks that were missing from David's because my dress was a two-piece. Would definitely recommend.

DJ-
A Bride's DJ- DJ Marcus- The only thing I regret about using A Bride's DJ is that they are not very inexpensive. I realized after booking that there are a lot more DJs who are less expensive, BUT DJ Marcus was amazing. He was very friendly, played good music, and kept the party going. I'm glad we went with him. Also, the co-owner, Diana Cusic, was very helpful in the booking and planning process.

Photographer- Rob Rife- We had a bad experience with the first photographer we chose and had to switch. When we went with Rob, he understood and promised we wouldn't have the same experience with him and he sure delivered! Our engagement photos were beautiful. I haven't seen the wedding ones yet, but I have no worries. He is also very friendly himself and prompt with his responses. We got our engagements photos within 3 days. Not bad pricing either, you get your money's worth!

Make-up-
Innovations By Jen- Jen was wonderful. I had my trial with her and she listened to exactly what I wanted because I'm not a big make-up person. My make-up on the day was beautiful and lasted all day. She also travels to you, so she's perfect!

Hair-
Lisa Wayman- stylistlisa.com- Lisa did a great job on my trial and on the day of for me and my girls. She followed what I wanted, but also put her own touch to make sure that we would be comfortable all day. She's also very inexpensive. $50 per girl, with a $25 deposit for yours, so you only pay $25 on the day of. Perfect for budget brides. Oh and she travels to you!

Transportation- A-1 Mr. Limo- They have a great selection of vehicles. We went with the Chrysler 300 and it was beautiful. Perfect size for my wedding party and our driver was very friendly and professional. I'm sure we were pretty loud and annoying, but he dealt with it and even drove us around for awhile when we showed up to the ceremony too early! The office staff are also very friendly too! They show you only what would fit your needs and don't try pushing anything on you.

I think that's it...if I missed anything, I'll add it...any questions, feel free to ask!

Re: Married 6/7/14...here are my reviews!

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I also used Rob Rife! You'll get your wedding photos back within about 2 weeks which I found impressive since his mom passed away the day after our wedding.
  • Im getting married in 2016 and I'm so glad to see a review on Innovations by Jen. I already have her down on a list as my make-up lady!
  • iI am considering makeup and hair so with the price you listedi may do this!! thanks!
  • Who was the first photographer that you had a bad experience with?  I'm getting married in 29 days and I hope it's not the same one! (It probably isn't; ours seems really good)
  • We are getting married at Frostville in October, do you have pics yet of your decorations? Cindy and her husband have been really great so far. 
    *excited*
  • How was your food at Michaud's?  I just went to a wedding there and the food was horrible, I'm not sure if it was just the selections the bride and groom made or if it was just bad (they had overcooked pasta, some kind of over salted roast, crunchy steamed veggies, and dry boiled chicken).

Anniversary
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Michauds food is bad...just bad.
  • I went to their New Years Eve Party at Michaud's... the food was like mush.  I could not even tell what one dish was it was so over done and watered down. 
  • Our food was great! We had the chicken marsala, green beans, redskin potatoes, and pasta. The only thing I would not recommend are the green beans because they were a bit spicy which you wouldn't expect green beans to be! I also wouldn't recommend the chicken without some type of sauce because my husband sampled it without the marsala and it was dry. But on the day of, everything was excellent and I have no complaints about them! There are many negative comments on other posts about Michaud's, but I did not see any of that with my experience.
  • Our food was great! We had the chicken marsala, green beans, redskin potatoes, and pasta. The only thing I would not recommend are the green beans because they were a bit spicy which you wouldn't expect green beans to be! I also wouldn't recommend the chicken without some type of sauce because my husband sampled it without the marsala and it was dry. But on the day of, everything was excellent and I have no complaints about them! There are many negative comments on other posts about Michaud's, but I did not see any of that with my experience.
  • mperdue623 said: Our food was great! We had the chicken marsala, green beans, redskin potatoes, and pasta. The only thing I would not recommend are the green beans because they were a bit spicy which you wouldn't expect green beans to be! I also wouldn't recommend the chicken without some type of sauce because my husband sampled it without the marsala and it was dry. But on the day of, everything was excellent and I have no complaints about them! There are many negative comments on other posts about Michaud's, but I did not see any of that with my experience.
    I just had my wedding there and our food was great! We had the baked ham and chicken picatta (which my Italian mother raved about!), plus redskin potatoes, penne with marinara, and mixed vegetables. I will say I did
    not like the two beef dishes I sampled, but I rarely eat red meat as it is.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards