Wedding Party

MAN OF HONOR//MAID OF HONOR! HELPP

SO MY BEST FRIEND IS A MALE! HE LIVES SOME WHAT FAR FROM ME! I WANT HIM BY MY SIDE AT MY WEDDING! BUT I ALSO WANTED TO ASK MY CLOSE GIRLFRIEND TO BE MY "MAID OF HONOR"..THE ONE THAT DOES EVERYTHING WITH ME! OBVIOUSLY MY BEST FRIEND CANT THROW MY BRIDAL SHOWER OR MY BACHORLETTE PARTY ETC... IS THIS OK??

Re: MAN OF HONOR//MAID OF HONOR! HELPP

• Please stop shouting. 

Yes, it's OK to have a man of honor and a maid of honor. 
    These people are not required to throw you any parties, by the way. If they offer to throw a shower and a bach party, that's great. But it's up to them and you should not be involved in any planning. 
  • SO MY BEST FRIEND IS A MALE! HE LIVES SOME WHAT FAR FROM ME! I WANT HIM BY MY SIDE AT MY WEDDING! BUT I ALSO WANTED TO ASK MY CLOSE GIRLFRIEND TO BE MY "MAID OF HONOR"..THE ONE THAT DOES EVERYTHING WITH ME! OBVIOUSLY MY BEST FRIEND CANT THROW MY BRIDAL SHOWER OR MY BACHORLETTE PARTY ETC... IS THIS OK??

Why are you screaming? Your WP sounds fine. They do not have to throw you any parties. Many brides do not have showers or bachlorettes.
  • Anyone can throw those parties and nobody should be expected to. Have whomever you want in your wedding party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wow. Stop yelling. I also have a Maid of Honor and a Man of Honor. The guy can certainly help plan parties if he wants to. My Man of Honor has already said he wants to plan a bachelorette party. They certainly aren't required to throw you parties though. 
  • YES!!!!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO HAVE BOTH!!!! CALM DOWN!!!!!!

• My husband's groomswoman planned and attended his bachelor party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • YES!!!!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO HAVE BOTH!!!! CALM DOWN!!!!!!

MEN AND WOMEN CAN ATTEND THE SAME SOCIAL FUNCTIONS AT THE SAME TIME!?!?!  ARE YOU SURE?!??
  • I THINK SO!
    WHY IS IT FUN TO YELL? I  LIKE IT!!!!!!
  • These comments are making me LOL for real.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards