Plus-Sized
Options

Engagement Picture Attire

I am trying to decide what to wear for my engagement pictures.  I'm having two sets done - one this fall and one this spring.  If anyone would be willing to offer up some suggestions or inspiration, I would really appreciate it!

Re: Engagement Picture Attire

• Options
    And just because, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my fiancé and me.  :)
  • Options
    Here are a few pics from our engagement shoot.  My biggest piece of advice is find something comfy!  There is nothing worse than posing in an awkward position (because let's face it, they usually end up looking the best!) with something riding up, pinching, or falling down!!!

Our shoot was in early spring, and it was a little chilly, but we powered through it, like good Canadians do! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a great time on our engagement shoot. I second @miss_nix suggestion of something comfy. The worst thing is to be self-conscious about your outfit while you're having photos taken. 

Here are a few of the photos from our e-shoot:
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't buy anything new for your engagement pictures - wear something you already own because it's going to be very "you." I almost didn't take that advice, but some clothes I ordered didn't arrive on time and I had to grab something out of my closet the morning of.  I'm soooooo glad I didn't wear any of the new stuff!  It's also good to avoid super trendy looks and stick with classic styles/silhouettes. 

I wore a cotton dress that is really comfortable with a cardigan sweater over it.  I've posted some of my pictures in another thread, but here you go.  My fiance and I were really happy with how our pictures turned out.  We're both a little preppy but casual (and I tend to like a little vintage flair), and I think that came out in our pictures. 

Oh, another piece of advice:  If your fiance doesn't mind, have him lay out what he wants to wear next to your selection to make sure everything works together.  We almost clashed, but my fiance changed his shirt when I got my stuff together the morning of our photo shoot. :-)    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards