Chit Chat
Options

What's For Dinner?

I am seriously eating a bag of chocolate frosted mini donuts, and I feel like a failure.
What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: What's For Dinner?

• Options
    I think I'm going to have a pizza hot pocket. HIGH FIVE!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    You should really take a picture of your meal. :)

I'm going to make pasta with a mushroom sauce, spinach, chicken and pine nuts. Sounds fancy but super easy and it's a weight watchers recipe. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm making this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Lasagna Bake that I found on pinterest: http://pinchofyum.com/garlic-parmesan-chicken-lasagna-bake Except I'm using sauce from a jar, because I am not that fancy. I've never made it before, hopefully it's good!
  • Options
    Soup beans that my grandma made and sent over for us. FI is making corn bread to go with them.
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold‌ If anybody posts their dinner pics, I am holding you responsible. And I also blame you that I am eating donuts for dinner.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I actually just had PB&J for dinner.  FI just bought me some delicious sugar free wheat bread and we don't have tomatoes for my usual tomato/ avocado sandwiches.  FI had pasta.

• Options
    I need some new recipes.
  • Options
    What kind of recipes are you looking for? I've got TONNNNNNS of recipes.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I think I might have a salad.   That or just mashed potatoes and some veggies.   Not really exciting stuff.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm mashed potatoes.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    What kind of recipes are you looking for? I've got TONNNNNNS of recipes.
    I don't even know. I am freakishly picky, which makes a lot of foods and recipes a no go for me.
  • Options
    Well, if you like mashed potatoes, try some add-ons.

I got something like this at a restaurant (Jim 'n Nick's BBQ), and I kinda made my own version.

Mashed red potatoes, with lots of parmesan and maybe a little truffle oil. Topped with shredded BBQ'd meat.

I'm not big on vegetables, and I can't eat most fruit due to allergies, so I'm with ya on pickiness.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Stouffer's French bread pizza! Was going to do mac and cheese with hot dogs but the pizza was easier. I really need to get back on track with eating right.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Mmmmmmm mashed potatoes.

** SIB***

That is often a go to food for me.  

I'm a pretty plain cook.  Especially when I'm just cooking for myself.    A starch, some veggies and sometimes a protein and I'm all good.

Now tomorrow before work I'm making up some homemade mini-meatballs and sauce and throwing them in the crockpot.    Dinner will be pasta and meatballs  DH wants meatball sandwiches for when he gets home.   Then I will freeze them for future use.  It will be my first time since moving I've done that.  It's great for the nights or lunch I'm not sure what to have.  I just throw the vacuum sealed bag in boiling water.  Cook up some pasta and 15-20 mins later I have a good dinner.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I nearly killed myself last week with bloat from the ridiculous amounts of salt & MSG found in allllllll of the food at the Gaylord Opryland restaurants so I'm super excited to be eating home cooked meals. 

Tonight we're having blue cheese topped sirloins with steamed broccoli and stuffed mushrooms. Last night it was goat cheese stuffed chicken breast with asparagus. Yes, I love cheese. And meat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Burata with arugula abs roasted tomatoes. Probably followed by a pulled pork pizza or mashed potato bacon pizza...... I'm totally cheating though because DH and his BFF just opened a wood fired pizzeria. Thus, they are feeding me!!
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    Burata with arugula abs roasted tomatoes. Probably followed by a pulled pork pizza or mashed potato bacon pizza...... I'm totally cheating though because DH and his BFF just opened a wood fired pizzeria. Thus, they are feeding me!!
    Oh shit BURRATAAAAAAA, one of my favorite things in the whole world!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I don't feel well today, so I just had a sandwich for dinner. FI went to Tuesday game night without me and got a burrito the size of his arm on the way. I would be jealous if I weren't feeling so nauseated.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I'm home alone and being lazy, so donuts or a hot pocket sound awesome to me right now. I wish I had some. I am thinking it will end up being Spanish rice with kielbasa and some goat cheese....
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • Options
    I had chicken nuggets, english muffins, a fruit cup of peaches, and a salad. It was so good! But not sure if that was the healthiest choice..
  • Options
    I always imagine the best food coming out of Lynda's house.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    A.MEN! Sometimes, I think if I step outside, I can smell sweet goodness coming from the west.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    A.MEN! Sometimes, I think if I step outside, I can smell sweet goodness coming from the west.
    I assume you mean when DH is at home cooking?    He will not be home for dinner until Sept.  Well, maybe a night or two, but for the most part it's true.

I do make good homemade mini-meatballs, chicken nuggets and pulled pork. That is why I make them in bulk and freeze them for nights when DH is gone.

• Options
    Yes, when he is cooking!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    AddieCake said:
    @ShesSoCold‌ If anybody posts their dinner pics, I am holding you responsible. And I also blame you that I am eating donuts for dinner.
    And I'm stuck in the box. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    All I want to eat lately is honey nut Cheerios dry, had three bowls through out the day. If it wasn't for kids wanting "healthy food" I'd have cupboards of just cereal and green peppers!
  • Options
    Oreo Cream Cake. The last slice. DH asked me to save him a few bites. This is hard.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    We had brinner - pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links, and fruit salad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards