Registry and Gift Forum

registered now, do I tell people?

We've had a few people ask us if and where we are registered when they RSVPd (through e-mail) and at the time we hadn't registered yet. At the time I emailed back and said that we hadn't registered yet, but that I'd let them know when we did. I'm really not planning on registering for much (if I'm being honest I would rather get $!) but we've picked out some nicer dishes than we have now and a few other little things and are going to go do it this weekend. 

Problem is...I feel kind of awkward about just emailing people "Hey just to let you know we're registered now!". It would be one thing if it was my brothers or mom or best friends but these are people that I feel like I need to be polite to haha. Should I individually let the people that have asked know or should I just quietly put it up on our wedding website?

Re: registered now, do I tell people?

• I'd feel awkward e-mailing people as well, but I'm a bit confused here. Are they RSVPing to your wedding? If so, I kinda have to ask why you set up a registry so late. 

To answer your question, I would only tell people if they bring it up in conversation. You can put it on your wedding website, on a separate page. Some people still find that, obtrusive, but it's no

Anniversary
  • It's basically a destination wedding for everyone but ourselves so invitations were sent out pretty early and people are RSVPing pretty early, so I'm actually not registering late. I know some people register before they send out invitations but meh, I have other priorities.

Yeah, I didn't put anything about it at all the registry on the wedding website because I know some people think it's rude, but I guess every move I make SOMEBODY out there won't agree with it! Some people think its rude to register, some people think its rude not to register - can't please everybody. I think I'll just hold on to the info until someone asks! Thanks :)

• Everything I have read has said that it is perfectly fine etiquette-wise to put your registry information on your website. It would be rude to send the information with your invitations. You cant try to make everyone else happy.
  • I would leave it alone, since you'd really rather have cash.

When you get close to the wedding, they may follow up and ask again.  

You'll also have people changing their early RSVPs, but that's a whole other problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards