Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear ALL the interviewers I've met with recently (and will meet later today),

I'm the best one.  You should hire me.

Sincerely,
It weirds me out that you keep interviewing me for a math position BECAUSE I have a chem degree.  Feel free to hire me for either, I'm flexible.

Dear @peaseblossom55,

You're almost there!!  All the hugs and let's get this party started!!

Love,
I'm just a little bit excited for your wedding

Dear seller,

I wouldn't mind if you dropped the price on the house by oh, 25k.  Ya know, at least get it close to the appraisal so we don't start this homeowning thing underwater.

Love,
You're gonna have to find a new buyer if you don't drop the house price.  Plus, I could use that 25k for other stuff...like....guac

Dear self,

You stress eat a lot.  Maybe buying a house and interviewing for jobs all at once is a bit much.

Love,
I just really like ice cream

To Whom It May Concern,

In the olden days we could flame out in the open.  I would have so many NEY would be on fire this week.

In memory,
The olden days were awesome.

Dear OLWers,

It's actually Wednesday today.  Let's get this done!

-Blue&White
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: OLW

• Dear BF,

Happy almost-anniversary (tomorrow)!  You've made this last year wonderful, and this is without a doubt the best relationship I've ever been in.  I love you so much.

Love,
    GF
    ----------
    Dear work,

I hate you.  That is all.

No love,
    Disgruntled employee
    ----------
    Dear self,

You've got this.  Keep applying for jobs, and something will come up.  Keep eating right and exercising, and your body will catch on.  Keep on keeping on, and life will sort itself out eventually.  You've had a rough year full of transition, but things will get better.  

All the love,
    Me
  • Dear future nephew,

Thanks for making FI and I both sick. You're really not selling me on the idea of giving you cousins in the future, just FYI.

You're still cute though, so love your future aunt

---------------------

Dear work,

Do yourself, I don't care. I think I will just go home because I feel crappy.

Apathetically yours, lmc

---------------------

Dear FI,

I like introducing you as that. And calling you that in general. :D

Love love love, your FI

---------------------

Dear FMIL,

Please don't bug me about registering this weekend. There are only so many hours in the day and I, you know, work and frankly I think it's crazy to register this early. Your friends don't have to get us engagement gifts. And all of the options for dishes is giving me some anxiety.

Love your FDIL who just wants a couple days to breathe? Please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Dear @Peaseblossom55,

I hope you have a nice, stress-free rest of the week until your wedding!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully see some pictures ;) yay!!!!!!

Love,
    Sev

----------------------

Dear FI,

Thank you sooooooo much for being so helpful with the wedding planning. I appreciate you helping me address and stamp the invitations. Only 30 more invites to address, 61 RSVP cards to fill in, and 91 envelopes to stamp.  We can do this!

Love,
    Your FI

-------------------------

Dear FMIL,

You are the best. Thank you so much for the kind reference letter. I got teary-eyed reading all the wonderful things you said about me in your letter. I am so glad you have such positive thoughts about me and I'm so happy that I have you as a MIL.

Love,
    FDIL

-----------------

Dear job I applied for,

I'm the one you should hire.

Love,
    Sev
    --------------------------

Dear self,

We really have to start the Thirty Day Shred again.  We had pretty good results last time, and you now have less than 3 months until the wedding. Suck it up, stop being lazy, and do it. Thanks.

Love,
    Girl who has to get her butt in gear
    Anniversary

• edited June 2014
    Dear @Blue,

I want all your open letters answered so I'm just going to love your post!

Love,
    Southernpeach89

Dear Maddux,

I pick you up TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be still my heart! Too much love for you already!

Love,
    Your fur mommy!

Dear house,

You're almost ready minus hanging things on the wall but where are these centipedes coming from! GO AWAY!

No love,
    Girl who hates bugs

Dear self,

Calm the fudge down...you're stressed and it's not nice to snap at people.

Love,
    Self

ETA:

@Peaseblossom55- OMG!!!!! You're going to be an OMH SO SOON!

Dear cubicle neighbor,

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dear clients,

Please show up to our meetings next week. I'm flying all the way to Boston to visit you and would not appreciate being canceled on again. Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,
    Blabla

Get in my belly.

omnomnom,
    hangry girl

Quit knotting and get some work done. Now.

No love,
    Girl who doesn't want to get fired
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @southernpeach89 oh gosh a Maddux is entering the family soon!  So excited!!!  Just remember pics or it didn't happen, obviously.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Dear @buddysmom80, @goldenpenguin, @csousa1, @hummingbird125,

TWO MOTHERFREAKING DAYS!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you and I love you <3

Dear NOLA G2G Ladies,

3.5 months to go! It'll be here before we know it and I can't wait! 

I hope your wedding weekend is everything you hoped it would be and more. You're going to be a beautiful bride and I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!

• @southernpeach89 - I can't wait for more Maddux puppy pictures!!!!

• Dear @keptinstitches mom,

Seriously, back up and listen to your daughter. I KNOW her happiness means more to you than any diamond necklace or expensive shoes that will make her so uncomfortable. 

Love, 

Mama Ollie

----------------------------------------

Dear BF,

Sorry for being an asshole lately. There. I said it. I'm an ass and I don't deserve your kindness and compassion. I'm praying that my birthday at the beach this Friday will straighten out my mood so we can all be happy again. Thanks for always being there for me.

Love,
    Me

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Puppy pictures coming soon!!!!!!

I'm taking Friday off to snuggle Maddux all day long so if I get a break from my snuggle fest then I'll post all the pictures.
  • @swazzle @severmilli12 thank for the well wishes.  I'm so excited and ready to get married.  I can't believe it's here! Thank you!

@Blue & White thanks again for the well wishes.  I hope everything with the house works out and you get a new teaching job soon!

@southernpeach89 yay for the puppy tomorrow!!!

Dear weather,

Please be beautiful for Saturday.

Thanks,

Me

Dear FI,

I can't wait to call you my husband.  I can't wait for this weekend!!!! It's going to be amazing!!!

Love,

Your FI

Anniversary

• buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Dear ALL the interviewers I've met with recently (and will meet later today),

I'm the best one.  You should hire me.

Sincerely,
    It weirds me out that you keep interviewing me for a math position BECAUSE I have a chem degree.  Feel free to hire me for either, I'm flexible.

Dear @peaseblossom55,

You're almost there!!  All the hugs and let's get this party started!!

Love,
    I'm just a little bit excited for your wedding

Dear seller,

I wouldn't mind if you dropped the price on the house by oh, 25k.  Ya know, at least get it close to the appraisal so we don't start this homeowning thing underwater.

Love,
    You're gonna have to find a new buyer if you don't drop the house price.  Plus, I could use that 25k for other stuff...like....guac

Dear self,

You stress eat a lot.  Maybe buying a house and interviewing for jobs all at once is a bit much.

Love,
    I just really like ice cream

To Whom It May Concern,

In the olden days we could flame out in the open.  I would have so many NEY would be on fire this week.

In memory,
    The olden days were awesome.

Dear OLWers,

It's actually Wednesday today.  Let's get this done!

-Blue&White

SITB:

Dear @blue&amp;white,

To the bolded, I think I know who you're talking about (well, one of many). I've been doing a lot of eye-rolling at certain new-ish posters

Xoxoxoxox,

-----------------------------------------------
    Dear Wedding,

Six months, eff that. I'm not ready.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Dear FI,

Mandatory OT is bullshit. Your only job is pool boy for @goldenpenguin, @csousa1, @swazzle, @hummingbird125 and myself.

Still love you,

Your FI

---------------------------------------------

CAN YOU GUYS JUST MOVE IN FOREVER THIS WEEKEND????? I'm so excited for this weekend, but I'm going to be so sad when you guys leave :(

XOXOXO (minus the O's or X's, whichever one represents kissing),

Me.

ETA:

Have a wonderful wedding weekend! I want to see all the photos!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Wait, why can't we flame out in the open now?  I totally agree w/ @blue&amp;white 's flames.
  • @Cocobellaf @Kelani23 is driving me nuts with her off the wall advice and the fact she seemingly knows something about everything (except that she doesn't).  And I'm worried about @phira and her FI (not a flame, just a truth) and I want to punch @keptinstitches mom but I think that's a bit of an overreaction?

I'm just fiesty this week!

Go ahead, although I have planned a wedding and bought a house, so I don't get where all the hate is coming from.  Big deal, I don't have my ring yet!  Which is why I post here... in "Not Yet...".

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Dear @blue,

You rock. Your support has been really helpful!

----------

Dear counseling,

I am glad to be starting. I wish that I weren't so irritated with the process of getting started; I need to figure out insurance stuff, and it's just such a huge pain in the ass. But I like my social worker, so that's a start!

----------

Dear J,

I'm glad that things are a bit better, and that we're taking a break from wedding planning. I'm still upset and concerned, though. The more I think about what happened last week, the more worried I get.

----------

Dear Once Upon a Time,

STOP IT WHY ARE YOU SO ADDICTING
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    @Blue & White‌ I feel like we were separated at birth.... Why do you not live closer and why have we not done a g2g yet?? We should work on this

Also, I'm still crossing aaaaaall the things until I get a text saying someone awesome hired you!!!

@Peaseblossom55‌ I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait for pictures!!! I'll be stalking your fb page.

Dear work,

Eff off. I'm so not into it this week. Everyone is still all discombobulated from Florida group vps visit yesterday. Chill the eff out.

Love,
    Girl that isn't in the mood for the cube farm

Dear bfs son,

Please for the love of all things holy.... It isn't a contest to see how bad the trash reeks before you take it out. Also, I'm going to cut the shit out of my Hand if you keep putting knifes blade up in the dishwasher. I have asked nicely a million times. Pleaaaaaaaaae get on this shit. I adore you and generally you're a great kid, even though you eat everything in sight. However, I can't deal with these two things.

Love,
    Chick that continues to feed the never ending stomach.
  • I guess...

Sorry we have had some misunderstandings... I'm not about to flame someone else's relationship or wedding though... or someone as an actual person. 

Maybe I should just put that in every post.

"I really do mean this with the best of intentions"

...and I try to only post things that nobody else has mentioned yet, rather than repeating, so maybe that's why it seems "different". 

I guess different works for me.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Kelani23 Just remember when posting that your advice is not always the #1 BEST EVER answer.  I think a lot of your posts are coming off that way and it's rubbing me and others the wrong way.

@Irishdreamer it's cause I work EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND DAY EVER.  I plan to change this once I am the best math teacher in the state of FL.  I hope I get a plaque.  That would be awesome.
    I also totally understand your OLW to your BFs son lol - I almost always take out the trash because my nose is a super sniffer and I smell it before H does.  <--my mom said her sense of smell got even BETTER when she was pregnant so I am absolutely doomed when that day comes.
  • Dear BF,
    What on earth are you planning for my birthday? You are dropping all sorts of crazy hints and acting reeeeeeally weird. Why do friends have to help you with stuff? What did you order from "across the pond?" I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa to come. Eeeeeek!

Love,
    My inner 5 year old

Dear Allergy Shots,
    I'm so over you. You are expensive as all hell, you give me bruises, and you gave me a fever and a cold last weekend. I thought you were going to make me better? What's the ETA on that?

No Love,
    Sneezy McSneezerson

WEDDING!!!!! YAY!!!!! Will be thinking of you all day Saturday :)

Love,
    me

Dear @keptinstitches mom,
    Please take stick out of ass.

Sorry not sorry,
    me

Dear companies where all these NEYers and their SOs are interviewing,
    They are CLEARLY the best choice for the position. Duh. Hire them now.

Kthxbai,
    me 

Dear work,
    Stop being so busy. All I want to do is chill on NEY and reddit. 

No love,
    Lazy, the 8th dwarf

Dear self,
    Maybe this whole not going to the gym for a week thing is working? I'm down 2 pounds in 2 days, and I was holding steady when I went to the gym 4-6 days per week. I'm a little confused now lol

Sincerely,
    me

• @Blue & White‌ well what the flying fuck. Tell the schools that I said they need to rectify this nonsense.

He drives me crazy. He will wait till it is so damn full you can't fit ANYTHING in the can and it will smell so godawful it will make the whole side of the house stink. It's terrible. He said "you can still fit more stuff in there, it's not full" wtf.
  • @phira--- how are you feeling today? Are you still have GI issues? 

• SakaliciousSakalicious member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Dear rusty hoes, I love you extra hard and I can't wait to FaceTime with you this weekend during your shenanigans! I'm sorry I have to work so you can't enjoy my pasty bod by the pool this weekend. Love forever and everrr, Sak Dear boss, I don't want to jinx anything, but ever since graduation, you are actually showing me the respect I deserve and it's a nice change of pace. Keep that shit up. Dr. Sakalicious Dear DH, I'm so glad that you're feeling better over the last few weeks and I hope whatever you had is all cleared up. Love, The wife
  • Dear TK, Wtf is with the formatting? I am not pleased.
  • @Buddysmom80 @irishdreamer @TwoDimes thank you so much for the well wishes!!

I hope on Sunday or Monday before we leave for the HM I can find a pic or two to post.

Anniversary

• @Sakalicious‌ - my pasty butt will be sitting by bfs parents pool this weekend.... I'm kinda scared at how pale I am considering I love in fl... On the other hand, I burn like a flipping lobster.... So there's that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards