Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Ceremony/Reception idea help!

Hey all! Just recently got engaged and I couldn't be more excited! I have no idea where to start, but I guess the first step in wedding planning is choosing a venue. I would like to get married outside (definitely the ceremony and would like the reception outside as well but am not positive yet) and am looking for a lake/garden venue with a romantic setting (I'm not a fan of your typical wedding venue). The only problem is my fiance and I don't have a ton of money to spend on the wedding and would like to keep the budget around 10-15k max. Does anyone have any suggestions of venues I should look into in the hudson valley (I live in rockland county) or north/central jersey. Thanks! :)

Re: Ceremony/Reception idea help!

• Options
    Congrats!! You will likely have better luck posting this on your Local board :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree w/ tcnoble.....you'll have better luck on your local board.

That said, the first thing you need to do is sit down and determine your budget.  Then, work out a rough idea of the guest list.   Then you'll have a better idea what venues will be within your budget and which ones you can scrap.  

Also, do you plan on getting married in a church?  If so, make sure you work with them to book the ceremony FIRST and then find a venue that is available for that day (with no gap).  You don't want to book the reception only to find out your church is not available that day! 

Good luck, congrats and welcome to TK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards