Snarky Brides
Options

Color me shocked

So went to visit some of my coworkers at my pervious job yesterday to say hi and catch up, and boy did I catch up.

One excitedly told me she is also getting married next Sunday, "but just a small one, the real big wedding will be at the end of the summer!" I just walked away.

Other coworker is getting married next spring and his FIs parents are paying for it and he can't stop bragging about it (I get being excited, and I don't have to listen to it every day so I didn't let it bother me). But then he tells me how they legitimately told members of their WPs that they cannot be involved if they are pregnant because thy don't want fat chicks in their pictures and pregnant women are a waste of a seat because they can't take advantage of the open bar "that costs us good money. He even said pregnant guests would not be welcome.

So yeah, I'm really curious to see how many friends they lose over this...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color me shocked

• Options
    Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    beethery said:

Hooooooooooly bananas at that guy. What a tiny, flaccid PEEN.

Couldn't have said if better myself
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm curious how he will control the pregnancy thing. Maybe he will put NO PREGGOS at the bottom of the invitation.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    Hooooooooooly bananas at that guy. What a tiny, flaccid PEEN.

If there was a badge for best comment... this would have that badge! I laughed out loud!

• Options

I'm curious how he will control the pregnancy thing. Maybe he will put NO PREGGOS at the bottom of the invitation.

Yeah, I just don't get how he's going to police this one.
  • Options
    Man, what about the less than trim family members. Will they ruin pictures?
  • Options
    I hope that they both let themselves go after marriage and end up so fat they can't fit through some doorways.  Not that being overweight is actually bad.  A sexy confident person is a sexy confident person regardless of their clothing size.  I just feel they would be super upset if they gained weight, and would feel really bad about themselves.  Which would be great, because people who are that nasty and petty deserve to feel bad.
  • Options
    They both sound like such prizes to bestowed on humanity....
  • Options
    Yeah, I give this marriage about three years, max.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Rebl90Rebl90 member
    edited June 2014
    TBH I'm surprised they've gotten engaged, they had a really crappy relationship from the beginning (which I was around for) but they made it work. Although the wedding isn't until next year, so....

Edited: I'm loving all of the responses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sincerely hope he has a half dozen friends who get pregnant but are not far along enough to be telling people, so he won't know they're pregnant.

Actually, I hope they just show up anyway, even if they're eight months pregnant. 

He obviously doesn't realize that pregnant women CAN drink, as long as it's a small amount. He also has got to be an idiot if he doesn't realize that fat and pregnant are two very VERY different things. (Not saying that excluding someone from the BP for being fat is ok.)
  • Options
    I sincerely hope he has a half dozen friends who get pregnant but are not far along enough to be telling people, so he won't know they're pregnant.

I doubt if this man has ANY female friends.
  • Options
    Truly, I can't fathom how people spend the energy being concerned about how others look in wedding pictures.  I'm too concerned about my own self  o_o

Also, this guy is a turd. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    I wanna get knocked up just so I can come deliver my baby on this idiot's dance floor. How's that for a picture?
    Well it certainly would be memorable...
  • Options
    Well that escalated quickly. What an absolute twat though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AzAnnieAzAnnie member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    kat1114 said:
    Stuck in the damn box!!! Better yet, maybe they could send out a pregnancy test out with the invitation and ask people to send it back with the RSVP card.
    That may not work because they can get preggers between the RSVP and wedding date. I suggest hiring private security that requires every female guest to pee on the EPT and have it cleared prior to entry into the reception!!!! That way no one slips through!!!!

• Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I mean, do you have to take a pregnancy test before you get in?
  • Options
    SIL was 35 weeks pregnant at our wedding. She looked cute in our pictures, and she and BIL were so freaking happy and excited for the baby. We had an open bar that was charged per person. The venue charged us for the meal only for SIL.

I really hope somebody like a sibling or best friend of this guy gets pregnant so they can see what an asshat he is.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow! Three members of our party are big and beautiful and I wouldn't have it any other way. And what better way to celebrate a marriage (a new life!) then with others' new lives to come. He sounds like an immature jerk.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    Rebl90Rebl90 member
    SIL was 35 weeks pregnant at our wedding. She looked cute in our pictures, and she and BIL were so freaking happy and excited for the baby. We had an open bar that was charged per person. The venue charged us for the meal only for SIL.

I really hope somebody like a sibling or best friend of this guy gets pregnant so they can see what an asshat he is.
    He has a sister who's been married a couple of years now so I'm really hoping she decides that it's time to start trying for a baby! I doubt his parents would be happy with him uninviting his own sister.

And his cousin is my MOH/BFF, so she'll be getting an earful of this in a couple of days when I see her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My MOH will be pregnant for our wedding. Do I get yet another do over?
  • Options
    The pregnancy thing is ridiculous, but nobody has picked up on his not wanting "fat chicks" to spoil their wedding pictures!  This guy is so superficial it is unbelievable. 
    My daughter chose her three bridesmaids because they were people who were important to her. Daughter is 6' tall, and looks like a model.  Her friends ranged in height from 5'7 to 4'11.  One was built like a Playboy bunny, one had just given birth a month previously, and one was a short, plump jewel who was so much help at the wedding, I could have adopted her!  She actually climbed up on a chair so she could adjust the bride's veil!
    This kind of friendship and love is what is important at a wedding.  If I ever meet that guy, I will sit on him and squash him like the insect he is.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    @CMGragain‌ - ewwwwwwwwww, insect guts on your butt. Just squish them with your foot.
  • Options
    What about people who chose not to drink?  He said that pregnant girls are a waste of the open bar, but there are people out that who don't use it regardless of pregnancy or not.  Should he not invite them?  It sounds like to be a guest at his wedding, you have to come with your resume and apply to be let in. 

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    What about people who chose not to drink?  He said that pregnant girls are a waste of the open bar, but there are people out that who don't use it regardless of pregnancy or not.  Should he not invite them?  It sounds like to be a guest at his wedding, you have to come with your resume and apply to be let in. 
    Don't forget stepping on the scale and all ladies taking a pregnancy test first.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards