Wisconsin
Options

vendor review

We got married this past weekend, and it was amazing. I am going to try to attach a picture to the bottom but i promise nothing.  i just wanted to give everyone a vendor review.  i loved it when other people did it, so here we go

Dress-Savvy Bridal-A+
   They are great to work with. They really do stand by there price matching.  I had extra beading put on my dress and they contacted the company and got me a drawing of how it would look.  When my dress came in, it looked just like the drawing.  I got the girls dresses here too.  The dress looked so good, i was tempted to order one for myself.

Shoes-Stone Manor Bridal a+
       All the girls including myself got green dyeable shoes.  We had no problem with feet getting dyed.  The only thing is BREAK YOUR SHOES IN.  Half my girls have blisters from the shoe rubbing but they looked hot!

Jewelry- Etsy- Pennellibelle- A
  I had vintage pearl necklace and bracelet. i had accidently dropped them 3 months before the wedding and my bracelet broke.  but i just sent it back to her for the cost of shipping and she had it back to me in a week.  Everything fit wonderfully

Cake-  Cake and bake in germantown- A+
        We showed Chris a picture of what we wanted and it was just how the picture looked.  I don't like cake and tom doesn't like frosting but a girl at my work told me we had to try this cake.  It was amazing.  They do a non-dairy whipped cream frosting, and the best part about it is it doesn't melt like regular frosting. 

DJ-SOS Productions-A+
   We used Rockin Randy.  I can't say enough good things about him.  Very easy to work with.  This company is very reasonably priced compared to other companies around town.  LOVE THEM!

Flowers-Petals-A
   Carrie was wonderful to work with. She worked within our budget and still made everything look amazing.   We had to change some things 2 weeks before hand and she was great with coming up with different ideas.  The only bad thing was we had black magic roses and they looked red but now 4 days later they are dark. 

Linens- Wedding Linens Direct-a-
      We looked around for renting linens and found them cheaper to buy online.  The linens looked wonderful. We bought chair ties and used them for both chair ties and table runners.  the chair ties are 5 inches in less in width but once on the table you don't notice. The only bad thing is it took forever to iron all the table runners and napkins. 

Photographer Realife Photography-port washington-A+
       Deidra did our engagement pictures and they turned out amazing.  What I have seen of the wedding pictures, they are great too.  I am so excited to see how the rest turned out. 

Photograher #2- Expressive Photography-F
     We originally signed a contract with Expressive.  One of my gf used them 3 years ago and loved them.  So we went with  them, well not a good idea.  Another girl we know didn't get her wedding pictures back for 7 months  after her wedding, because of legal issues with the owners and associate photographers.  then we wanted them to do our engagement pictures and Patrick never showed up.  Ridiculous.   We canceled them for our wedding and lost our deposit.  would never recommend them

Reception-Crowne Plaza West-B+
  The Crowne Plaza was really great to work with.  I loved how everything looked.  They have so many things included in there packages it really saves you money (ie chair covers, table cloths).  There were only a 2 minor things go wrong.  When they played our video there speakers were not working. so no music, luckily our dj played some good music during it.  Other than that things went great

Rehersal Dinner-Fireridge Golf Course-A
        We did a taco bar and open bar for the night, everyone seemed to love it.  We had the side room with its own bar to ourselves.  Carrie was very easy to work with. 

Rehearsal Favors- Vines to Cellars-B+
    We made wine for the rehearsal dinner.  Literally we made it ourselves.  You pick out your flavor we did Pomegrante Zinfandel.  Mix all the stuff up. Then 4-8 weeks later you bottle the wine.  You get personalized labels.  we did ours with our engagement pictures on them.  I gave them a B+ because their label printer was broken when we went in, but it was up and running the next week.  Great experience and great wine.

Wedding Favors- Fireworks Popcorn-A+
   We bought mini bags of popcorn seeds in  9 different flavors, and used them as our favors.  I know it sounds cheesy but we labeled them saying  "thanks for poppin in on our special day"  everyone loved them.  I think it is the best popcorn ever.  The owners of the store are so nice.  we found them on accident when we were out for ladies night in portwashington. Once we saw the mini bags it was a done deal.

Honeymoon- Iron Horse Hotel-A
    We were only able to go for 1 night because of not being able to get off of work.  We did the romance package.  It was great massage, flowers, food.  The only down side is on Sunday nights they don't have the nice restaurant open but the bar restaurant was open.  Same great food just not as romantic.  Great place for wedding pictures too.  We did some of ours at the hotel and literally on the 6th street viaduct.  Can't wait to see how they turned out

I think that is everything.  I really hope this helps everyone.  Let me know if you need any other information

Re: vendor review

• Options
    cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! Thanks for the info!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for sharing, I actually already emailed the DJ. I've had so much trouble with that one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jelenny, your STD is SO CUTE!!  I love the little rhyme!  I'm a 12.11.10 bride, and I wanted to work in the countdown somehow, but art deco/Christmas beat out the time theme.  

All the best of luck to you.  And trust me, it's true what they say...this next year is going to FLY!!!

Cheers.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards