Maine

Winter Wedding Venues Maine/White Mountains

mitzyacmitzyac member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hello!
My fiance and I have been together for a year and are recently engaged (yay!!) We both LOVE the snow and have decided on a winter wedding Dec '15-Jan '16.
No hotel ballrooms or country clubs for us. We'd like to find a venue that's more rustic/off-the-beaten-path but it's harder to find barns, etc that are open past October. We're also on a small-ish budget ($10-15k) and plan on doing a lot of DIY (invitations, centerpieces, decorations). Venues that don't require a licensed bartender or who's site-fees that include lodging for guests are a bonus. Basically we want a big party/ski with our favorite people. Oh! and the guest list will definitely be under 100, hopefully under 80.

Here are a few places that we've started to look into:

Hardy Farm, Fryeburg, ME
Stone Mountain Arts Center, Brownfield, ME
Glen House or Skiesta House, Newry, ME
Whitney's Inn, Jackson, NH

Does anyone have personal experience at these locations for a winter wedding? Or any other suggestions for places we could check out?
Thanks everyone!

Re: Winter Wedding Venues Maine/White Mountains

• I will be getting married at the Hardy Farm this September and I can't wait! The owners are very helpful and easy to get a hold of. Almost all my emails are answered within an hour. They are constantly updating things and offering more things for the brides. And I know that they over a $1000 discount for getting married in winter. I can't speak highly enough of them!
  • mitzyacmitzyac member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2014
  • Thank you! We're visiting all four throughout July. One of the photographers I've been talking to said she had a bride who was having some issues with Hardy Farm as it got closer to the wedding (costs for extra chairs, bathrooms, etc). I was trying to figure out if it was just the bride not reading the contract thoroughly or if it was the venue.
  • Interesting, I know that they offer chairs and tables to rent, but we aren't getting ours through them (cheaper to use a rental company for us). I think any place you choose, it is very important to read everything and double check before signing. I asked a lot of questions and the owners seemed very patient and kind answering them all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards