Not Engaged Yet
Options

My First Dresses

So this weekend, I went to CT with the girls, and @hummingbird125 & I went to try on dresses! 

I was actually shocked at how much I loved this ballgown - it's totally different than any style I thought I would like. Maybe I loved it because it had pockets.

This was the other one everyone liked, but now I'm kind of meh about it.

They were super strict about pictures - luckily @swazzle is a badass and snuck some. 

It was really fun, and I definitely had an "OMG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING" feeling, but didn't have a "OMG this is THE ONE" feeling. But, holy crap, I tried on wedding dresses. EEEE!! :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: My First Dresses

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    YAYYY!!!!! I love you in both dresses! You are gorgeous!

• Options
    Oh my gosh you looking stunning in those dresses! The first really looks super flattering on you! I hope you find the dress of your dreams and have fun trying on all the gowns!!
  • Options
    I love them both, but I think the first one is my favorite!  You look amazing in it!
    Anniversary

• Options

POCKETS!!!!!

I really, really, really like both!!!!!!!

I miss your face.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    You look fantastic in both those dresses! Yay for dress shopping! :) 

• Options
    Pockets are awesome! You look great in both dresses!
  • Options
    I LOVE that first one, and dresses with pockets are the best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hey gorgeous!! 

You look stunning! The first is my favorite too!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    They both look great on you! #1 is my favorite though :)

• Options
    You look great in both dresses, I like the 1st dress more though (I'm not 100% sold on the bust line of the 2nd, but it's still pretty on you).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I tried on that second dress, and nixed it because of the bust line (that little straight part in the middle) and at the waist there was this ridge from boning that I though was weird. I LOVE the first dress. 
  • Options
    The first one is super pretty! Love it! :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone. I did really like the first one (I mean, POCKETS), but I feel like it's a little too "traditional" for me. I obviously want to look bridal... but different. If that makes sense. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    This was me when she told me it had pockets. I wish it was a little exaggeration, but @swazzle, @hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, and @csousa1 can all confirm that this was my literal reaction. I was a gif.

Sometimes a bride gets super excited about little things, and it's amazing.

FACT.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You look like a fucking rockstar in the first dress.

You look very nice in the second dress as well, but the bust is ... wacky.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    phira said:
    You look like a fucking rockstar in the first dress.

You look very nice in the second dress as well, but the bust is ... wacky.
    I loved it at first, but the more I look at it, the more I just don't like it. But it fit, so, yay? haha

• Options

OMG wedding dresses!!

I love them both but I agree that the first one is too traditional.  That is a fantastic shape for you though, tiny waist and gorgeous BOOBS!  I can't wait to see which one you finally cry over, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

• Options

I've never been a big fan of ball gowns either but I tend to like ones like the first one more because of the simplicity. I like the lact on the second one but I see what you mean about the bust.

Luckily both places I've been to try on dresses have been OK with pictures. Hopefullly the next place I go to is too. The no pics rule is annoying- is really helps to see what you look like in pics! Some dresses I thought looked good in the mirror and then when I saw the pictures I definitely didn't feel the same way.

• Options
    Thank you, everyone. I did really like the first one (I mean, POCKETS), but I feel like it's a little too "traditional" for me. I obviously want to look bridal... but different. If that makes sense. 
    I know what you mean. I was okay with traditional in theory, but I really wanted something just a little different, that had little details I loved, that made it felt like "me" as trite as that sounds. You'll find that! 

And, you  never know, when you try on more dresses, maybe you'll keep thinking about the first one! That's how I picked mine. It was from my second time shopping and became my favorite of those two trips. I compared all future dresses to it, and nothing ever superseded it... so I went back and purchased it when I was exhausted from looking!
  • Options
    I LOVE the first one. Love it. Wanna marry meeee? <3
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    To quote an old skit on the Chapelle Show ...."You have a great pair of New York Boobs" in that first dress!  Lovely!  And not just your boobs.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I can't believe I missed this chat yesterday, I just want to say YAYYY dresses!!  You look amazing in both and a dress with pockets is pretty phenomenal! ETA I also really LOVE the first dress!! Very flattering
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards