Not Engaged Yet

Eek engagement photos!

Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited June 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
We set the day for the engagement photos! We are doing them at Gillette Castle in CT. (@buddysmom80, you probably know the place. :) )

We get to do two outfits, one dressy and one more casual. FI pretty much told me to pick out his outfits along with my own. Cowboy boots are a 100% have to be there. 

ETA: Because I forgot the day: It's next Monday, the 23rd!

This is my dress:

Boots:

I need to now figure out a casual outfit and also figure out FI's clothes. I think his casual should be jeans with a black dress shirt tucked in. Dressy for him thinking of slacks and a colored dress shirt.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Eek engagement photos!

• LOVE the dress! That's so cute! I just googled the location, and it's so cool looking. Are you going to do jeans or a more casual dress for the other outfit? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • love that outfit! How exciting!! I hope you both have a lot of fun with the photo shoot and enjoy it.  I can't wait for you to AW the photos! :)
    Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ahhh I have that dress in red! <3<3<3
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, I want that dress in all the colors. I wanted the green when I originally ordered, but they didn't have my size.

@weewittlewizabeth, Definitely jeans. Trying to figure out what top though is always difficult for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Love that dress! And the boots are cute too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love your dress and the color! Have fun taking your engagement photos!! Make sure to share when you get them in!
  • Love the dress!!  Can't wait to see how the pics turn out!

Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I love your dress!!! IMO, a black dress shirt doesn't seem casual enough for casual photos. It seems dressy, especially tucked in to a pair of jeans. Does your FI have any graphic tees that he likes? What about a tee or solid color polo with a pair of shorts or jeans and sandals/tennis shoes?

For your casual outfit, how about a flowy tank with a nice pair of jeans and sandals or your boots?

• ^^^^ I like @LaPeanut1018's flowy top idea. That place is so Old World and romantic looking, so a flowy top would be perfect.

For a more casual look for your FI, you could do a button down in a lighter color with the sleeves rolled up a bit and keep it untucked. Maybe have him wear Converse or boat shoes or something with it too. That way it's still casual but somewhat dressy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love your dressy ensemble! You guys are gonna look so fine; can't wait for you to AW! :)
  • That outfit is fantastic and so is that castle! I can't wait to see the pictures! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards