Wisconsin

Bridesmaids gifts

Hello ladies~

I was just looking for some ideas on bridesmaids gifts. I keep going back and forth with what to do. I don't know if I should just get them all the same thing or customize it for each girl. So I was just seeing if anyone had any good suggestions. 

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridesmaids gifts

• edited December 2011
    This is one of those things that only you would know. What do you think the girls would like the most?
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting the girls similar things, but personalized to their individual likes.  For example, part of their gifts will be gift cards (lame, but I feel so bad that they have to spend all sorts of money on a dress!) so one girl will get one from Coach, one will get one from Lane Bryant, etc., etc.  I also got them rhinestone necklaces from a vendor at State Fair - the one for my MOH (a horse lover) is a horseshoe, one of them is a dolphin for the dolphin, etc.  They are also getting black cltuches and black pashminas, and a crystal nail file
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of similiar gifts to suit each girl. I have not picked out my gifts yet, so I can't tell you what I am going to do! I can say that as a bridesmaid my fav gift was a handwritten letter from the bride. It was a wonderful note and I can't even remember the other gifts she got us.
  • edited December 2011
    I am making necklaces for the girls, that will all look the same. I am also going to give them each a personalized tote with different things in it. I love pictures so I will be including a picture fame in each tote and after the wedding I will be giving them each a picture of us to put in it. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got the girls all the same thing. We got the guys different stuff. PIB
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    I know that some people don't like this, but we paid for part of the dresses/tuxes.  They all really appreciated it, because it was once less thing they had to pay for-especially those still in graduate school.  Just a thought!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I bought my girls personalized ropes and then put together a package specific to each girl's style.  I included things I thought they would like, slippers, hand-made soaps, jewelery dish, etc.  The robes were bought online through smartypants boutique, Joy (the owner) was great to work with.  Here is the link:
    http://smartypantsboutique.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For mine I made them each a personalized jewelry roll and put their jewelry for the wedding day in it. 
  • jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found these personalized glasses. You can choose what type of glass and they are painted to look like your bridesmaids or groomsmen. They are on Etsy.com by Fizzy Artist. Search painted bridesmaid glasses. You can choose how many you need. I think they are so neat!
  • katiealeshirekatiealeshire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my bridesmaids make 1154 purses.  That way they can use their own style to make something that they can use in the future.  And it's a fun way to get together a few months before the wedding.  www.1154lill.com
  • edited December 2011
    I got each of my bridesmaids "survival packs" for the day of the wedding. Each will get a Vera Bradley make up bag (bought the discontinued pattern to save money and give a portion to breast cancer fund) a mirror compact with each of their names engraved on it, flip flop slippers, and few other things to fill the make up bags. Clear lip gloss and nail polish from ELF ($1 each but good quality) safety pins, shout wipes etc.

Something fun, practical, and a bit different. I just couldn't give the old jewelry fall back. I know it is beautiful especially the hand made stuff always makes a great gift, but I just wanted to be different.

Christine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards