Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Thursday and I need vibes

FI has an interview this afternoon! I'm trying not to freak out, but it's difficult not to. The guy has already pointed out that FI has stood out to him. I'm just praying and hoping for the best. Him and I need this so much.

The rest of my Thursday is rainy and gross, but I'm going to the barrel races tonight so that will be fun. How's everyone doing?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: It's Thursday and I need vibes

• Options
    ALL THE VIBES TO YOUR FI! 

My morning started off TERRIBLE. There was a monstrous, terrifying bug in the bathroom as I was getting ready and packing and I called H freaking out (he was driving to work and could obviously do nothing but it was nice to not be alone with the sucker in case it killed me). I ran out of the bathroom as it crawled near the light switch and then when I went back to look... IT WAS FUCKING GONE. So now I know it's in my apartment somewhere, but I don't know where. 

Then I left for work and realize it smells and feels like it might rain today but I left my umbrella at home :( 

To end on a more positive note, though, I'm leaving work early and going home to get the pup and then we're driving down the shore for the weekend to my parents' house :)

• Options
    Lots of vibes to your FI for his interview! Hope it goes well!

I'm doing fine, when I left the house this morning I took Maddux for a walk to use the bathroom and he did both #1 and #2. We went back inside and I put him in his crate since I needed to go to work and H was on his way home from crossfit. Within that 20 minute slot of us not being home, Maddux pooped in his crate...UGH! I know it has only been a week with this puppy but where does he hide this extra poop? It's like he saves it for when we put him in his crate! I'm thinking it could just be because he didn't go much last night...oh well it happens. It's just frustrating!

Other than that I'm good lol.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I'm really sorry but your Maddux story made me giggle. I don't miss that part of puppyhood! 

• Options
    @swazzle -I keep telling myself that he is a puppy that we have only had him for a week so potty training takes longer than that. He is getting better about whining in the crate though so that's a plus. We just need to work more on the no pooping in your crate lol.
  • Options
    @Southernpeach89 How big is the crate? Usually dogs won't go in their crate because they don't like to poop where they sleep. If their crate is too big, they will go on one side, and sleep on the other. Just curious if this could be the reason?
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - H and I were admittedly not fully prepared when we got Lucy. I couldn't handle her crying at night so she slept with us. It just broke my heart hearing her and knowing she's just a baby and misses her mom and siblings :( She's find now, she alternates between our bed (in the winter) and her crate (in the summer) at night. But yea, we were definitely not doing things the recommended way at first hahaha

• Options
    @blackbird230, all the vibes to your FI!

This morning hasn't really started yet. Lots of rain and lightning last night, but I wasn't playing in the severe weather. I will have to see what today holds.
  • Options
    @caseface5- His crate is big since we wanted to keep it for when he grows so to solve the issue of him messing in his crate, we put a divider in there so it fits his current size. So when he does use the bathroom in his crate, it's not on the other side...it's like right there with him and he hates it and whines about it of course. 

It doesn't happen often, it has only been a few times so I think it's just his tiny bladder can't hold it for every couple hours over the night. He has been doing great over night this week (none so far since Sunday night) but what happened this morning was definitely unexpected. I think he just needed to go more than what he did when I took him out.
  • Options
    @Southernpeach89 That's good. BF had such a hard time making the space small because he wanted Tessie to have room and not to feel cramped. I like the suggestions @TwoDimes made too. He might be scared and just needs to understand that the crate is his safe place. Good luck!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @TwoDimes -Lol Maddux is definitely a pooper lol. He goes so much during the day! We put him in the crate while we are home too so he can get a little more accustomed to it. He will nap in there during the day and chew on his toys which is good from what I read. He definitely would prefer to be with us instead of being in there so we are no where near having him "love" his crate yet. The only times he has gone to the bathroom in there is while we are in transition of leaving and one of us is coming home or overnight in between bathroom breaks. The overnight issue has decreased (thank God). It has been the leaving him at home by himself in the crate. I think it's just all about him getting used to it and teaching him that going potty outside is right. I think it could be a bit of anxiety too when we leave home as well. Hopefully he will start to calm down as he becomes more accustomed to it.

@Swazzle -There have been so many nights so far that I just want to snatch him out of his crate and sleep with him but H is being so strict about leaving him in there. It's heart breaking.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - My parents live in Cape May, NJ, but sadly, not on the beach. They're a few houses in from the bay but you can't swim in it because yuck. The closest beach is about 10 minutes away but I prefer going to Wildwood which is about 20 minutes away because it's free :) 

• Options
    @TwoDimes -We are trying lol....we just have to remind ourselves that these things don't happen over night unfortunately. 
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    All the vibes for your FI.

I'm getting excited about the wedding this weekend. I had a phone date with one of my college buddies last night in preparation for the Big Fat Armenian Wedding.  I talked to my mom, who took Friday off of work so she could spend time with DH and me.  (Yay?)  And I talked to BFF and planned a breakfast date with her and her FI for Sunday morning before we head back.

In pet news, I'm just really sad.  Annie and Tessie have not been getting along.  I know it's still new for them, but it hurts my heart.  Annie is always pursuing, swatting at, and chasing Tessie...completely unprovoked.  It never escalates to meaningful violence, just a few swats and hissing.  But it has gotten to the point that the majority of the time, Tessie hangs out under our bed.  I don't really know what to do at this point, and it hurts my heart.
  • Options
    All the vibes for your FI.

I'm getting excited about the wedding this weekend. I had a phone date with one of my college buddies last night in preparation for the Big Fat Armenian Wedding.  I talked to my mom, who took Friday off of work so she could spend time with DH and me.  (Yay?)  And I talked to BFF and planned a breakfast date with her and her FI for Sunday morning before we head back.

In pet news, I'm just really sad.  Annie and Tessie have not been getting along.  I know it's still new for them, but it hurts my heart.  Annie is always pursuing, swatting at, and chasing Tessie...completely unprovoked.  It never escalates to meaningful violence, just a few swats and hissing.  But it has gotten to the point that the majority of the time, Tessie hangs out under our bed.  I don't really know what to do at this point, and it hurts my heart.
    YAY for Armenian! 

That's too bad about the cats. I have only had one cat at a time so I have no advice but I hope things get better!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Sending you and your FI allllllll the vibes!

FI has been having a stressful week at work, so I ordered him a cookie from Cheryl's to be delivered to him at work to cheer him up a bit.  It will be sent today...but he took the day off -_-  He called in this morning but I didn't want to ruin the surprise so I didn't tell him about the cookie...I just hope he gets it tomorrow when he goes back. I'm stressed out over a cookie. I need the weekend.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Sending good vibes for your FI! 

@swazzle Sounds like it's time to burn the house down and cut your losses. :-P I'm a wuss when it comes to nasty bugs and spiders too... they can have whatever room they're in, and I'll leave. I actually had a crazy experience similar to yours a couple of months ago. I was cooking dinner and BF was on his way home from work. All of a sudden a BEE flies out of my stove straight at me and chases me around the kitchen, and then he disappears! I called BF in a panic and told him he'd better hurry up and get home because I wasn't going in the kitchen again lol. We later found that the bee had committed suicide on one of the hot burners on the stove. Still trying to figure out how a damn bee ended up in my stove though.

@cu97tiger Happy dating anniversary! That's so sweet!

Aww I love reading about everyone's pet stories, even if they are a little poopy. I'm living vicariously through y'all.

Today will probably be a generic Thursday. Lots of things to do at work, then I need to head to the gym, then I'll heat up some leftovers for dinner. I think BF will probably work late again tonight as well, so I'll probably chill on the couch and watch more Netflix. I've been binge watching That 70's Show and am almost done with season 3. I may knit a bit more tonight too. 

So yeah, basically I'm in old lady mode today. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good vibes to your FI! I miss having a dog, our apartment isn't pet friendly. We wouldn't be able to take care of a dog the way we should so V and I won't get one for awhile. Damn you school! V is still sleeping and I'm not sure what I'm doing today. I know I'm going to go to the gym but thats all I got. I did all of my errands yesterday. I may research grad schools more but I have a feeling I can't really do anymore. I've already picked out the ones I want so I guess I'll wait for my meeting with my advisor to go over my choices. Its hot and sticky outside so I'm not sure if I want to leave the cool apartment ha.
  • Options
    Hope your FI gets the job!!!

It's a rainy day here and I'd just rather be home sleeping!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    My Thursday picked up a bit! The leasing office at our new apartment just emailed us the lease to sign electronically. *happy dance* I've actually had a couple of nightmares about the new apartment because the leasing office didn't require us to pay anything to apply, and they said we could wait to pay the security deposit until the day we move in. It's been almost a month since they said the apartment was ours, but no money had been exchanged, and no lease had been signed, so I was worried it would somehow fall through. I actually had a nightmare last night that it did fall through and that we had to scramble and find a ghetto apartment. SO relieved now!

• Options
    Vibes to your FI! Job hunting sucks!

• Options
    @weewittlewizabeth, an electronic signature on a lease where you've received no other money/notice would make me worried. I don't know. Something about that doesn't seem right to me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Ooh I'm sending major vibes to your FI!! I know the pain of job hunting and interviews!! 

@weewittlewizabeth, I agree with blackbird, have you actually gone to the apartment to see it in person? I  know there are a lot of leasing scams out there now, but if you have actually seen the apartment in person I'd be less concerned.

@southernpeach89 poop stories and all, I still want your dog :)

My Thursday is going to be mostly low key, we spent the entire day at the amusement park yesterday my daughter had so much fun riding roller coasters and slept until 10:45 today!!  (Exhausted I'm sure) Today I have to do a ton of cleaning including my bedroom and bathrooms, and then my mom will be coming over to make homemade burrito bowls (Chipotle style).
    I'm a little annoyed at my FI, it seems that he thinks that since I'm unemployed that I should take care of everything around the house.. which I mostly agree with but I shouldn't have to pick up his empty diet coke cans...so we got in a little argument today about diet coke cans. Yay us. :-/
  • Options
    We haven't toured the actual unit since someone is currently living there, but we've toured the floor plan. We also have friends who live in the complex, so it's legit. I think the crazy money situation is because a new management company took over about two months ago, so they're running a bunch of promotions. The delay in the lease is also probably a result of the management. I asked them about accent wall colors, and they said they're still figuring out what they're going to offer. I think they're just in transition and figuring out how to manage the property. That being said, our friends that live there currently LOVE the new management company, and all of their other local properties are really highly rated, so I was probably worrying for nothing. 

I've only had one other lease signed electronically, and it was when we rented a house. That landlord was shady as hell and tried to deny us our security deposit when we moved out. Having the electronic lease came in REALLY handy because I could email the file to a lawyer pretty easily, and he helped us get our money quickly without having to go to court. 

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We haven't toured the actual unit since someone is currently living there, but we've toured the floor plan. We also have friends who live in the complex, so it's legit. I think the crazy money situation is because a new management company took over about two months ago, so they're running a bunch of promotions. The delay in the lease is also probably a result of the management. I asked them about accent wall colors, and they said they're still figuring out what they're going to offer. I think they're just in transition and figuring out how to manage the property. That being said, our friends that live there currently LOVE the new management company, and all of their other local properties are really highly rated, so I was probably worrying for nothing. 

I've only had one other lease signed electronically, and it was when we rented a house. That landlord was shady as hell and tried to deny us our security deposit when we moved out. Having the electronic lease came in REALLY handy because I could email the file to a lawyer pretty easily, and he helped us get our money quickly without having to go to court. 
    That definitely sounds less suspicious! 
  • Options
    :) I appreciate the concern though! I'm so glad your daughter had fun riding roller coasters yesterday! And OMG burrito bowls sound so delicious. I'm over here salivating lol.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - puppies get caught up in being outside and sometimes forget to take care of business.  we baby-sat my parents' 6 month old puppy and spent plenty of time outside, but she was so busy sniffing and playing she forgot to poop... and then pooped in the house 5 minutes after we came inside!!! 
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF- It's so funny how they forget to do that lol. It's like they know they need to go but oh wait there is a stick or there is a rock so they completely forget haha.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes , I'm pretty sure you're my favorite person right now. @LaPeanut1018 and I found this toy yesterday at this pet store called "Hide A Squirrel" lol and it's basically this cloth tree stump stuffed with a bunch of toy squirrels and your dog can go over to it whenever they please and pick out their favorite squirrel but it still gives them the joy of digging through something to get to it lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards