Wedding Invitations & Paper

Un-Inviting a Friend to the Wedding?

I have a friend to whom I sent a save-the-date 4 months back. We are not close friends, but she is the roommate of one of my bridesmaids and was for a short time my roommate too, and since we see each other socially on occasion, I thought it would be nice to include her.

I have not heard from her or seen her since sending the save the date, and I've heard from her roommate / my bridesmaid that she isn't necessarily excited about attending. Can I remove her from the invite list?

Re: Un-Inviting a Friend to the Wedding?

• In a word.  No.  

If she's not that excited about attending then she probably won't attend.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Save-the-dates don't require any response from the recipient, and they do require the sender to follow up with an invitation, so no, you can't remove her.

If she's not excited about attending, she probably will decline the invitation, but it does have to be sent to her.
  • Not unless you want to be seen as a jerk or end the friendship completely and don't care how you look.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No.  You must send her an invitation.  She is free to accept or to decline.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Send her an invitation.
  • Save the dates don't warrant a response.  There is no reason she should have replied to it.  If she isn't excited (which, you just "heard", you don't actually know for sure) she will likely decline.  But, once you send a save the date, you need to send an invitation.

• No. Send her an invite. 
  • Not to be mean but I rarely get "OMG I can't wait to go to their wedding!" over weddings.  I am happy to attend and excited for the couple but what kind of response or reaction did you really want?

Also, don't go by hear say, that is always a set up for disaster.  And like PP have said a STD does not warrant a response.  If she doesn't want to come then she will decline the invite you send her.

But seriously, not everyone will be jumping up and down in excitement about attending your wedding. It is just another wedding to your guests.  They are happy for you but it isn't like the party of the year to them as it may be to you.

• I would send the invite & my guess is she'll probably decline. If you don't send her an invite, it will be ackward when you see her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards