Illinois-Chicago
Options

Help!!! Wedding Day Timeline

So I am having my ceremony and reception at the same place. One very large room, local music venue. The ceremony is at 7 PM sharp with reception to follow. I need help with the day of timeline... I'm finding this difficult because I have a wedding band and a dj. We have the venue until 3am. Open bar for 4 hours with appetizer buffet instead of a traditional sit down dinner. I want to allow enough time for the band to play but don't want to wait too late to do all the traditional things!

Re: Help!!! Wedding Day Timeline

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Knowing very little about your wedding, here is what I would suggest:
    7-7:30 ceremony
    7:30-8:15 cocktail hour with wedding band playing
    8:15- 9:30 dinner, toasts, dances, cake cutting. 
    9:30-12 dancing with DJ (bar closes at 11:30pm)

Here are some questions. If you only have an open bar for 4 hours, what do you plan to do after 11:30ppm since you have the venue for so much longer? Will you switch to consumption based bar? Because switching to a cash bar would be really rude. 

Do you expect people to stay until 3am? If so, I would get some late night snacks. 

If you are doing apps/ buffet instead of a sit down night (which is completely fine) you need to make sure you have enough food to be considered a full meal. If not, I would start you ceremony a bit later, and state on your reception card something like "Dessert and dancing to follow" so people know they won't be getting a full meal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards