Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

what font is this?

Re: what font is this?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Looks like hand calligraphy rather than a font. Fonts typically don't do such a nice job of connecting letters.

ETA and the second "a" in Diana is on a higher level than the first one. That wouldn't happen on a computer - they'd all be lined up along the same plane.

• Options
    If you're ever in crisis mode looking for a font, take a screenshot or use an an image with the font, and put it in on whatthefont.com, it can usually find the font, or a close match.

That said, as a designer, that font drives me nuts because the baseline looks like it is all over the place. It must have a million ligatures too.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

If you're ever in crisis mode looking for a font, take a screenshot or use an an image with the font, and put it in on whatthefont.com, it can usually find the font, or a close match.

That said, as a designer, that font drives me nuts because the baseline looks like it is all over the place. It must have a million ligatures too.
    Ok, so I wasn't crazy with the baseline thing.

• Options

Nope. My friend used it for her site and I thought I was going nuts SPECIFICALLY because of that second A thing, and the baseline was all over the place. She got so many 'omg I love that font!!!' comments while I was just like, "BUT... LEGIBILITY!!! WHY???????" Different strokes for different folks. It's odd because I don't mind the lettering itself, just the weird baseline and that A ligature.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

beethery said:

Nope. My friend used it for her site and I thought I was going nuts SPECIFICALLY because of that second A thing, and the baseline was all over the place. She got so many 'omg I love that font!!!' comments while I was just like, "BUT... LEGIBILITY!!! WHY???????" Different strokes for different folks. It's odd because I don't mind the lettering itself, just the weird baseline and that A ligature.
    Ugh that would be bad news bears on a website.

• Options

Thankfully she just updated her logo and header with the font. It is less annoying than MUSIC on the site :((((((
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

beethery said:

beethery said:

Thankfully she just updated her logo and header with the font. It is less annoying than MUSIC on the site :((((((

Ok so it's been 9 years since I worked in design but I DO work in web now and that is so much wrong.

• Options

Ok so it's been 9 years since I worked in design but I DO work in web now and that is so much wrong.
    It's an overall well set up site, JS template. No hate, I can't code beyond HTML4/CSS. Her photography is EXCELLENT, but my god am I over the super twee IZ 'Somewhere over the rainbow' cover.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards