Snarky Brides

WTF, you aren't invited...

We haven't sent out our invitations yet and much to my surprise, today I got two response envelopes in the mail. Confused, I opened them to find that two of my co-workers, who aren't invited (and wouldn't be invited even if we had unlimited space), have each filed out and RSVP'd for a plus one! I had a few co-workers over last week to finish up on a project and my box of unaddressed invitations were neatly tucked away in a box on the book shelf. What the hell am I supposed to do?! I work with these women!

Re: WTF, you aren't invited...

• The box has no lid, so they could have easily swooped when I wasn't paying attention. Since I became engaged, they've both been making comments about crashing the wedding if I didn't give them an invitation and have both been fishing for information for a while now (they crashed another co-workers wedding last summer and thought it was funny). I know neither of them are going to be offended when I say "YOU AREN'T WELCOME!" but now that they know the where/when they're going to show up regardless. Ugh I hate people sometimes.
  • What the actual fuck?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Can you report this to HR? I'm not sure since they were in your home, but dang, they need a wake up call.
    Get on the phone with a security thing ASAP. I don't even know what else to say. Oh wait, yes I do.

I would sure the hell tell these broads that they are not invited AND they will not be allowed into the venue on the day of. I would also never fucking EVER speak to them again unless required to for a work assignment. They should know right up front that you are pissed, and hopefully it dawns on them how deep in the wrong they are.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Wow! Who does that?  I have no words, sorry OP. 

• I spoke with the event coordinator at our venue and we can provide the main gate with a guest list, since those hags won't be on any list they won't be allowed on the premises. Part of me wants to be passive aggressive and let them make fools out of themselves but I know they need to be called out on their shitty behavior, just not at work.
  • That is so super bizarre, I honestly don't know what to say.

• hahaha, that is one of the strangest stories I have heard here. Who the hell does that?!
  • mysticl said:
    I second the vote for security.  

ETA: They technically stole from your home.  Nothing that would warrant criminal charges but I don't know how you fell about mentioning it at work.  Like go up to them and say something along the lines of "I received your response cards in the mail which is odd since no one has been invited to my wedding yet which can only lead me to believe that when you were at my home you went through my personal affects and stole from me. I am currently taking an inventory of my home to make sure nothing else is missing".  Also, don't do any more work events at your home and feel free to explain why.  
    So much this.  And tell them plainly that since no invites have went out their RSVP is absolutely not accepted and if they show up uninvited they will be asked to leave. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Mind. Blown.  Who the hell does that?
  • How old are these people? My hope is that they just thought they were being funny and it's a big joke that they were too stupid to realize was in poor taste. However, even if it is a joke, it doesn't excuse them from snooping through your things, stealing from you, and possibly causing you a shortage of RSVP cards. 

I just keep trying to understand how the hell this happened. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @skyhigh27‌, actually, I would call them out at work for it, as you were working on a work project. Their behaviour requires all sorts of balls, wow!
  • What the actual fuck.
    Anniversary

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I would definitely call them out at work, very loudly. PP's references to stealing and rummaging through my personal shelves at home would be addressed as well, again very loudly. I'd also take it up with HR.
  • Seriously, that is so beyond fucked up!!!! They STOLE from you...and they sent back the RSVP cards which PROVES they stole from you...to an event THEY ARE NOT INVITED TO! 
    Anniversary
  • Wow. Some people's children. SMH.
  • This is so crazy. I had some people ask if they were invited, even beg for an invitation, but this is insane.

Please let us know how everything goes once you meet with HR and with the coworkers. I'm mostly interested to know what they say they were thinking!
  • skyhigh27 said:

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I spoke wih the senior parter I work under last night and the two of us are having a meeting with HR first thing Monday morning. I'm beyond the point of being pissed off, I just hope I don't go off on them in front of a client. My fiancé said at least they were polite enough to RSVP before crashing our wedding, at least security will be ready for them. I guess 25 is the new 22 when it comes to doing stupid shit.

Don't blame an age group! There are stupid people at every age. I know plenty of 22-year-olds who would never dream of doing anything like that.
  • I would have no problem firing those employees over that. It is such a gross violation of trust. That these women would think it was appropriate to 1.) steal 2.) Crash a wedding 3.) laugh at purposefully sabotaging another employee would mean that I could never trust them again and would certainly never want them to represent me or my company. 

Please keep us updated. It is good you will have security, but it also seems that these women have no shame. if you aren't embarrassed at stealing from a coworker, you aren't going o be embarrassed at being turned away.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    This is fucking weird & super rude. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards