Ohio-Columbus
Options

Florist Recommendations

I am looking for inexpensive florist recommendations. We are just doing the basics with the flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages). Not positive which flowers we would like to have, and I know that the type of flower can drastically change the price. I am just looking for some places that I can look into to begin the process. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Re: Florist Recommendations

• Options
    MadisonHouse Designs in Marsyville is very inexpensive.  For my winter wedding they beat the DIY prices of the FlowerMan (also inexpensive).
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Kroger beat everyone's price, including MadisonHouse - who does amazing work! I got two bridal bouquets (heat of July with outdoor first look photos, then used for the toss bouquet), two boutonnieres and baby's breath for 20 tables for less than the cost of a bridal bouquet anywhere else I called.

If you are doing basic flowers and aren't too picky, I highly recommend them. I told them the color and size I wanted and let them do their thing. It was literally right around $150. My sister used them as well.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thank you! I will look into both of those! :)
  • Options
    We checked into Sawmill florist (a little asian lady that is sweet as can be), the Flowerman who I think we will be going with, and the Kroger Marketplace in Lewis Center. We were going to go look into Buehler's which is a small grocery store in Delaware but I had hip surgery on 6/18 and our appointment was supposed to be 6/21 and I knew I wasn't going to be up for that and we knew we were going to go with the Flowerman.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using MadisonHouse Designs. She's been wonderful. She answers all my e-mails fast and with great detail and she does have amazing prices!!! I'm doing a bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, rose petals for the aisle, flower girl, and cake table, 8 boutonnieres, 8 corsages, flower arrangements for the pews, and 18 centerpieces... delivered and set up at both the church and country club with tax for around $1,000. I was pretty happy :)
  • Options
    I'm using MadisonHouse Designs. She's been wonderful. She answers all my e-mails fast and with great detail and she does have amazing prices!!! I'm doing a bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, rose petals for the aisle, flower girl, and cake table, 8 boutonnieres, 8 corsages, flower arrangements for the pews, and 18 centerpieces... delivered and set up at both the church and country club with tax for around $1,000. I was pretty happy :)
    May I ask what type of flowers you are using? Holy heck!

I have a bridal bouquet, a toss bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, and 5 corsages and then 5 tables of 3 different sized vases. The other 5 tables I made those centerpieces though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Most of the flowers are hydrangea.  The bridesmaids have white hydrangea + baby's breath wrapped in navy satin (maid of honor adds white lace overlay).  

My bouquet is 1/2 hydrangea and the rest garden roses and ranunculus with baby's breath wrapped in satin + lace.  

The boutonnieres are roses with baby's breath.  

The corsages are a collection of spray roses with green leaf accent and ribbon. 

Pew arrangements are two tinted pink hydrangea with ribbon and green leaf accent

Centerpieces are 5-6 tinted pink hydrangea
  • Options
    Most of the flowers are hydrangea.  The bridesmaids have white hydrangea + baby's breath wrapped in navy satin (maid of honor adds white lace overlay).  

My bouquet is 1/2 hydrangea and the rest garden roses and ranunculus with baby's breath wrapped in satin + lace.  

Pew arrangements are two tinted pink hydrangea with ribbon and green leaf accent

Ok, I am wanting to use calla lilies, roses strictly for my bouquet so that knocks up the price already. I fell in love with peonies as well as orchids but those are also pricy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ok, I am wanting to use calla lilies, roses strictly for my bouquet so that knocks up the price already. I fell in love with peonies as well as orchids but those are also pricy.
    I wanted peonies as well but no way I could afford that in September. Garden roses were the closest thing I could find to peonies so I went for it.
  • Options
    We used Connells Maple Lee Flowers.  They have three locations in the Columbus area.  I found them to be very affordable and the flowers were beautiful.  (We also just did bouquets, corsages, and bouts.)  Our flowers were roses and hydrangeas.

http://www.cmlflowers.com/
  • Options
    Flowerman was awesome. If you book in Nov, they always do their annual sale then, if paid in full. I really enjoyed doing our own, and they were flexible.
  • Options
    melbenso said:
    We used Connells Maple Lee Flowers.  They have three locations in the Columbus area.  I found them to be very affordable and the flowers were beautiful.  (We also just did bouquets, corsages, and bouts.)  Our flowers were roses and hydrangeas.

http://www.cmlflowers.com/
    I second this.  She was great and affordable. I was set on putting in my deposit until I found the lady I'm going with who saved me even more money.  I met with my florist this week and I'm super pumped. I added more flowers and upgraded a few flowers and she didn't even charge me :)
  • Options
    Maria-Lynn Floral is another good one to check out! http://www.marialynnfloral.com/
  • Options
    I work at Madison House Designs and am pretty sure I know which wedding you were:). Beautiful flower and color choices by the way. Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I work at Madison House Designs and am pretty sure I know which wedding you were:). Beautiful flower and color choices by the way. Congratulations!!
    Friendly advice, you can't post as a vendor - meaning we shouldn't know you work at a vendor business and you should never plug it or it will get you banned. 
    You should also change your user name so it's not your business either.
    You didn't say anything "ban worthy" but I wanted to point it ok so you don't accidentally do so :) We'd hate to lose anyone!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards