Wedding Reception Forum

Connecting 6ft straight tables

Hi everyone! Our reception venue offers both round and straight tables. I'm in love with clean straight line design over traditional round table designs. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a product or way to secure 6 ft straight tables to each other. (Other than zip ties because that is the 1st thing that came to mind) The plan is to have 3 long sections and double wide (so a total of six 6ft tables per row, to make a wider more enjoyable seating arrangement. Im petrified that with the wrong tug on a table or linen, the whole thing would go crashing to the floor. Has anyone ever had any experience with this? Thank you in advance. Danielle

Re: Connecting 6ft straight tables

• Um, unless you have guests actually getting up and trying to move the tables around I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Just ... put them next to each other? They're sturdy enough without actually being stuck together.
  • As much as I understand the "simply put them together" concept, lets face it.... we've all moved wrong at one time or another at tables.  I'm asking because rather than just a row of straight tables, our intention is to have 2 tables together side by side then length wise 2 more sets of 2  (connecting 6 tables 3 long 2 wide)  I'd like to believe that nothing could possibly go wrong, but I'd be devastated if one accidental movement took our centerpieces crashing to the ground.....  Sturdy or not, Im not sure I want to take that risk this time....
  • As much as I understand the "simply put them together" concept, lets face it.... we've all moved wrong at one time or another at tables.  I'm asking because rather than just a row of straight tables, our intention is to have 2 tables together side by side then length wise 2 more sets of 2  (connecting 6 tables 3 long 2 wide)  I'd like to believe that nothing could possibly go wrong, but I'd be devastated if one accidental movement took our centerpieces crashing to the ground.....  Sturdy or not, Im not sure I want to take that risk this time....
    I understand how you want to set things up, but really when you have 6 tables pushed together it would be extremely hard to move them just by slightly bumping into it, say when you are getting up to head to the rest room.  And when you get up and bump the table (if you bump it) you will be bumping it forward, not pulling it backwards so your centerpieces won't go crashing to the floor.

Honestly, unless your guests decide that it would be funny to pull the tables apart the tables and your centerpieces will stay where you put them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards