New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Budget wedding venue

Looking to get married next summer 2015 but I am having a hard time finding a venue within budget. I really had my heart set on an outdoor/on the water venue but I can't find anything for less than $100 per person! Our guest list is about 150. Does anyone know of a beautiful venue, outdoor or indoor for around $75 per person? North jersey or Hudson valley.. Thanks!

Re: Budget wedding venue

• Options
    Try the RiverView Caterer's in Hastings
  • Options
    Maybe Bear Mountain?
  • Options
    WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    The Links at Unionvale in Lagrangville may work.  It's not on the water, but they have an outdoor ceremony area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies!
  • Options
    HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We went with The Fountains at Wallkill. It isn't on the water, but has an outdoor ceremony space. From the ceremony space, you have a great view of a pond with fountains. http://www.thefountainscatering.com/
  • Options
    The Nyack Seaport has packages starting at $75/person and they are near the water and have really nice river/bridge views.
  • Options
    I don't know if they have any spots left, but we are getting Married at Chalet on The Hudson in Cold Spring, NY. It's right on the hudson and the place is beautiful! We chose the Hudson Package (Buffet Style) and are paying $100pp AFTER taxes and gratuity. You may have found something already, but for anyone else lurking they are worth checking out.
  • Options
    Cortlandt Colonial Manor.  There packages start at $75/person but that includes a lot.  November they offer an even larger discount.  We are getting married in November and the rate with an upgraded package that includes international coffee hour, ceremony (I think the chairs are $3/person) cake, signature cocktail, and gratuity included (tax not included in rate) is $65/person.  But we are doing a day wedding on a Saturday which is a little less expensive.  Evan the catering manager/co owner is amazing to work with and their food is sosososo good! They allow you to do a tasting before you book which is free.  They also own the Holiday Inn Express Peekskill down the road and offer a shuttle service as well as a free night in their honeymoon suite for the bride and groom on their wedding night if you book 30 nights.  They are an absolute pleasure to work with and Evan will make your wedding vision happen.  They are also redoing the ball room (that might be happening now- which will take a week or two)  
  • Options
    Just noticed how old this post is... Ooops! But for anyone looking for a budget venue- the one I mentioned was the best value we could find in Westchester.
  • Options
    @klk111415 - I actually am looking for just that so I'm glad to see some updated responses and prices! I just emailed them for an estimate. We're looking for off-season next spring (march/april).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @nycgal85 Good luck! It's an amazing value as I said.  They just did some renovations on the ballroom so I'm excited to get up there to see the changes in person.  I heard that they might raise the prices after the renovations, so I'm not sure if what I quoted is going to be the same, but Evan also seems pretty easy going he might be willing to work with your budget if you let him know what it is.  They were featured on 4 weddings, so you can see a wedding that took place there on youtube.  
  • Options
    @klk111415 - Good to know! I emailed them but haven't heard back yet. We are also looking at Pelham Bay Split Rock in the Bronx. 

Question: How far out in advance did you book your venue? We're a year out and I'm already getting nervous that we're going to be at a loss for places in our price range ($75-100pp with tax and gratuity).
  • Options
    @nycgal85  We booked in August 2014 for our November 2015 wedding.  We knew we wanted that place, and all the dates we were considering were available.  I'm sure you won't have too much trouble, especially since it's off season!  I actually live right near Split Rock!  We drove by in last weekend and it looked beautiful, even with a little snow on the ground.  I thought they were more expensive, but I could be wrong!  

The good thing about Cortlandt Colonial is that gratuity in included in their prices.  So I think we are paying $68.50/person with gratuity.  And that includes an international coffee hour with cookies and the $3/person fee for ceremony. Tax is the only thing not included.  But we chose November because they offered a large discount (I think it was $15 off/person)  The rates are still incredible considering what you get.  I highly recommend doing the tasting since it's free.  It's a great opportunity to tour the venue and try the amazing food!
  • Options
    nycgal85nycgal85 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @klk111415 - That's so good to know that gratuity is included at CC! And those rates are definitely fantastic! I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday thinking about the budget so this is comforting to hear. Thanks again for the advice!!
  • Options
    No problem! I was the same way when I started planning! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards