Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering for china?

I would like to register for fine china for my wedding, because it is something that I want and would probably not necessarily purchase for another reason. Is it silly to register for casual china as well? Casual china is obviously more practical. FI and I live together and have a casual set that we don't love, and would be able to replace by registering, but now I feel like half my registry will be place settings! Should I just pick one? Was this the case for any of you? What did you decide?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering for china?

• Options
    Nope, not silly at all. I registered for Lennox fine china - one that goes 50% off on occasion at Macy's. As well as everyday Correlle dishes at Target. No way am I using my fine china for everyday use.

I would register for both, if you don't get them you can use the completion discount to buy them yourselves after the wedding.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    We registered for China, as well as everyday dinnerware.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    This isn't against etiquette or unusual at all. Lots of people have everyday stuff and fine china on their registries. Same thing with glassware. There's nothing wrong with registering for everyday glassware and some nice crystal at the same time. 

Just something to think about: If you don't think you'll have the money to complete the set after the wedding, you may want to prioritize. If your guest list is small and/or you're not having a shower, you'd have a better chance of completing a set if you register for one or the other. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Not weird as long as you have the space to store both sets.

I ended up going with the Hotel Collection Bone China from Macy's.  It is plain white, dishwasher & microwave safe so it can be used every day (and we do use it every day) but it can easily be dressed up with chargers and place mats.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    This isn't against etiquette or unusual at all. Lots of people have everyday stuff and fine china on their registries. Same thing with glassware. There's nothing wrong with registering for everyday glassware and some nice crystal at the same time. 

Just something to think about: If you don't think you'll have the money to complete the set after the wedding, you may want to prioritize. If your guest list is small and/or you're not having a shower, you'd have a better chance of completing a set if you register for one or the other. 

Yes. I think this is what I'm most worried about! Because we do live together we don't need TOO much stuff, so the more I think about it this should be ok. Thank you for the feedback!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AprilH81 said:
    Not weird as long as you have the space to store both sets.

I ended up going with the Hotel Collection Bone China from Macy's.  It is plain white, dishwasher & microwave safe so it can be used every day (and we do use it every day) but it can easily be dressed up with chargers and place mats.
    I love white dinnerware......we have the Martha Stewart whiteware set.

OP - We also registered for a fine china set.  As long as you have use for it, put both on there, that's fine!
  • Options
    This is probably the only time in your life that people will be falling over themselves to get you a special gift!  Go for it!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    This is probably the only time in your life that people will be falling over themselves to get you a special gift!  Go for it!
    This!

• Options
    Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards