Wedding Party

Wedding Party Dates pre-Ceremony

Hello! Do I include my bridesmaids' and groomsmen's dates in any pre-ceremony activities? For example: We'll be taking pictures before our ceremony and renting a trolley to get us around the city. Should I get a trolley big enough to include them (everyone's bringing a date) or just for the wedding party?

Re: Wedding Party Dates pre-Ceremony

• I think you should let your wedding party choose if they would like to have their dates accompany them in the trolley and stand by during the pre-ceremony pictures...especially if their dates really won't know anyone at your wedding.

• Let your wedding party decide if they want to bring dates.

As the SO of a wedding party member, I've personally never really wanted to be around during the pictures/ pre-wedding junk (lots of standing around aimleslly), but still, I'd ask.

• Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I agree with previous posters definitely ask if they would like to come. We got a bus for the wedding party and SOs. One SO that knew other guests declined to come but for the SOs that knew no one else they all mentioned how nice it was to be included.
  • I'd let your wedding party members decide whether or not to bring their SOs or dates with them to pre-ceremony activities.  But you can tell them that the SOs/dates are welcome to join you.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    i didnt invite dates to come along for pictures. I assumed that no one would want to stand around and watch other people get their picture taken. Plus, for me it took place before the ceremony so its not like dates were alone at the cocktail party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think you need to bring them along if you'll only be gone for an hour or two. They will probably appreciate the break!
  • It's nice to invite them.  I personally have never, and probably won't in the future, accept the invitation. I'd rather get ready at my own leisure and I don't mind hanging out on my own. I invited SOs to join us for our wedding - however, the only one that accepted was my BIL which was no surprise since we asked him to be in our pictures anyway! All the others came with other friends or on their own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards