Pre-wedding Parties

Out-of-State Bridal Party

Hey all, 

This question is mostly based on a bachelorette party - I am planning on having 3 girls in my bridal party (newly engaged, so I haven't asked them yet) - my MOH is going to be my sister, who is under 18 and lives near me, and my other potential BM's live in Maryland and Missouri respectively.  We live in Austin, TX and the wedding will be here as well.

1st question: Timing - when should the bachelorette party be done, since everyone is going to be from out-of-town?  Do you know of bridal parties who have all met up together somewhere for this, or should we just try to do something low-key a couple of days before the wedding?

2nd question: Since my MOH is under 18, I am assuming that I am going to be "helping" her plan this party - her idea of a good time is "cowboy strippers" (JUST KIDDING she says, but my eyes still popped out of my head).  Any ideas on family-friendly bach parties that don't involve craziness/drinking?

I know it's not proper etiquette to host your own, so I am just wondering if I will need to let the boys have their bachelor party and just do something super informal close to the date and/or simply celebrate with girls not in bridal party...I'm not sure.  Confused.

Thanks in advance for the advice everyone.

Re: Out-of-State Bridal Party

• Hey all, 

This question is mostly based on a bachelorette party - I am planning on having 3 girls in my bridal party (newly engaged, so I haven't asked them yet) - my MOH is going to be my sister, who is under 18 and lives near me, and my other potential BM's live in Maryland and Missouri respectively.  We live in Austin, TX and the wedding will be here as well.

1st question: Timing - when should the bachelorette party be done, since everyone is going to be from out-of-town?  Do you know of bridal parties who have all met up together somewhere for this, or should we just try to do something low-key a couple of days before the wedding?

2nd question: Since my MOH is under 18, I am assuming that I am going to be "helping" her plan this party - her idea of a good time is "cowboy strippers" (JUST KIDDING she says, but my eyes still popped out of my head).  Any ideas on family-friendly bach parties that don't involve craziness/drinking?

I know it's not proper etiquette to host your own, so I am just wondering if I will need to let the boys have their bachelor party and just do something super informal close to the date and/or simply celebrate with girls not in bridal party...I'm not sure.  Confused.

You shouldn't be helping to plan your bach party at all.  Also, anyone can plan a bach party for you, not just your MOH/sister.

I would just leave this alone and let your bridal party decide if they want to do anything.  If your sister is interested in planning something then give her your other BMs contact info and let her talk to them.

• Hey all, 

1st question: Timing - when should the bachelorette party be done, since everyone is going to be from out-of-town?  Do you know of bridal parties who have all met up together somewhere for this, or should we just try to do something low-key a couple of days before the wedding? If someone offers to throw you a bach (you don't plan the party yourself), the party will usually happen within a few months of the wedding. My BMs were from different states and we just went to the bar after my shower and called it a "bach". 

2nd question: Since my MOH is under 18, I am assuming that I am going to be "helping" her plan this party - her idea of a good time is "cowboy strippers" (JUST KIDDING she says, but my eyes still popped out of my head).  Any ideas on family-friendly bach parties that don't involve craziness/drinking? You can veto stuff - e.g. if she says "cowboy strippers" you can say "please don't...it'll be a waste of your money because I won't participate". Most of the time, people will say "I want to throw you a bach - what do you want to do?" and you could be like "we could go to the spa and then get dinner" or "tubing on the river and lunch sounds fun"...

I'm going to a bach this year that's 3 months before the wedding and another that's the weekend before. It's just about when it's convenient. Congrats btw!
    *********************************************************************************

• Hey all, 

So I lived in a different state than all of my bridesmaids, who were spread across three states and one lives in Europe. It's not a hassle or a big deal, so relax. It will work out fine.

1. Let them coordinate it if one of them decides to host it. It may end up being way before the wedding or over a holiday weekend. 

2. It's not the MOH's job to plan the bachelorette; it's whoever decides to host's job. Anyway, you can do a spa day, a pole dancing class (sounds more risque than it is), any sort of class, a sports game, float trip, anything. We went to the Kentucky Derby for mine. 

• Perfect; thanks so much for the advice everyone - I am just going to make sure they all have each other's phone numbers and let them decide what to do from there. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards