Wedding Woes

Thursday?

All day yesterday I was thinking it was Tuesday so I would have plenty of time to do the crap I need for Friday.  Nope.  Today I need to finish up my mom's bday present, finish laundry and pack up to visit her tomorrow, swim lessons, shop and prep for bunco tomorrow night, get 6let a haircut, walk with a friend tonight.  oops.

DH is taking a half day today to watch the game.  I was hoping he would be home early, but he has some crap he needs to get for Friday.  He's taking Friday to stain the playset and paint our new doors.  I guess the good news is he'll be around a bit Friday to help us out the door.

Re: Thursday?

• Big project at work today.  Hopefully it resolves itself and I can be finito with it and have 12 boxes of paperwork OUT of my office.  

I have a potluck picnic to plan for Sunday.  I should probably get on that.  :D
  • We got our car back last night.  YAY.  It's not totally fixed, but the engine works.  They said that our power steering has a slow leak, but we can get it fixed cheaper at an independent shop...after we sell the house. 

We have had 2 showings so far.  We have another 2 today around lunch time.  The other home in our neighborhood that is simliar in style and price has a pending offer on it.  So the cheese stands alone. :)

DH was told his first check was going to be direct deposit and now their saying they're going to mail it.  It better be here soon.  I have bills to pay, damn it. 
  • I have a woe.  We have a mothereffing slab leak.  They were supposed to come out yesterday, but the guy had to reschedule AND they had transposed a couple digits in my phone #, so I never got their message.  Only found out when I called because the guy was late (or so I thought).

So DH is there this a.m. and called me all wigged out because the leak detector guy confirmed that we have a slab leak (which we already knew, which is why I called them in the first place) but can't find it, so he's drilling into walls to try to locate it, in an attempt to avoid jackhammering up our floor. 

We close on this house in less than a month.  I don't really need this.  If the universe were kind, this could have waited a few weeks and been someone else's problem.  I literally feel a little nauseated.

We're taking the kids to Atlanta this weekend for the Woozle's birthday, and I would rather be getting everything together for that, not trying to decide whether it's worse to pull up the Pergo or dig up the tile.

Do we still strop here?  If so, I am stropping, big time.
  • Oh, and FWP:  today is cleaning day, and we had to reschedule our maid because the leak guy had to shut off our water.  Now she can't reschedule until next week, and the house could really use a good scrubbing.  And I don't really have time to do it before we leave, and I surely won't feel like it after we get back.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Strop to your heart's content, that's hard.

I am setting up for festivities tomorrow and brought my students cookies because one of them is graduating.
    And now 1/4 of them are off sick.  I have to many cookies--which is a problem I can fix, I suppose
  • GBCK said:
    I have to many cookies--which is a problem I can fix, I suppose
    I would like to help you fix that problem.  I'm stress-eating cookie butter, which I shouldn't, because I have 10 more lbs of baby weight that is not going away.  I told myself I'd deal with it after DS is weaned, but in the mean time, cookie butter probably isn't helping.
  • Heffalump said:
    I have a woe.  We have a mothereffing slab leak.  They were supposed to come out yesterday, but the guy had to reschedule AND they had transposed a couple digits in my phone #, so I never got their message.  Only found out when I called because the guy was late (or so I thought).

So DH is there this a.m. and called me all wigged out because the leak detector guy confirmed that we have a slab leak (which we already knew, which is why I called them in the first place) but can't find it, so he's drilling into walls to try to locate it, in an attempt to avoid jackhammering up our floor. 

We close on this house in less than a month.  I don't really need this.  If the universe were kind, this could have waited a few weeks and been someone else's problem.  I literally feel a little nauseated.

We're taking the kids to Atlanta this weekend for the Woozle's birthday, and I would rather be getting everything together for that, not trying to decide whether it's worse to pull up the Pergo or dig up the tile.

Do we still strop here?  If so, I am stropping, big time.
    this doesn't help at all, but i completely feel your pain. ~3 weeks before selling our Philly house, we realized that our water line had a fairly serious leak/break, and we had to put ~$3K into the house to fix it pre-closing. 

I hope it can be fixed with limited demo work and cost. 
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Man, Heffa-that crap is just a thorn in your side.  I can't imagine, and with the added timing...fun times.

I'm staring at paperwork to formulate a bill, a bill that needs to be done now...and yet here I sit staring at it.  :-/
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dang Heffa, that's terrible.  Strop away.  I hope they find it and fix it fast and easy (and cheap).
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Also, blast from the past, I'm employing Hmo's "campaign of fire" technique to get some sort of sales tax certificate from a customer.  >:(
  • Thanks, everyone.  He found it, and in the process said he's "never seen a house plumbed quite like" ours.  I did not take that as a compliment.  Small leak in a pipe that feeds cold water to the kitchen sink.  To avoid breaking out the jackhammer, he's going to reroute the pipes back there, to the tune of $2000.  I guess it's like bypass surgery, for our pipes.

I'm not sure exactly what I'll find when we get home, so it's looking like a good night for takeout.  I guess it could have been worse.  They could have had to rip up the tile or something.  All things considered, drywall is relatively cheap to fix.  And our realtor said that as long as the repairs are completed, we don't have to disclose it to the buyers, so that's something, I guess. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards