Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

officiant trouble

So we decided to use a friend for our officiant. Seems to be no big deal. I got my programs printed with their name and I have recieved them. I love my programs and they weren't exactly cheap. The issue now is that my officiant may not be able to perform! It is up in the air at this point....I am 2 months until my wedding date and I dont like this uncertainty. If it comes down to it and he doesnt perform...should I get new programs, leave them the way they are (id probably try to find anothet friend to do it and not a religious figure), or white out the name on my programs (they are white but you of course will see the stuff).....

Anyone else deal with something like this?????

Id hate to just throw all my programs out and eat that cost.

Re: officiant trouble

• Options
    I would not do the white out thing.  that's going to look silly. I would say, if you can afford it, order new ones (once you know for sure if your friend is going to bail), or just leave them as is.
  • Options
    I also wouldn't do the white out.  Once you know for sure that your officiant can't do it, you can either order new programs, or leave them the way they are and add a little errata sheet listing the correct officiant.
  • Options
    Remember, many of your guests won't know if the officiant standing up there is the person whose name is listed in the program or not.  As for the ones that will know, it will be obvious that the person listed couldn't do it last-minute.  I would leave the programs as they are - especially since it's so close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    There are often last minute changes in theater productions.  This one isn't a big deal.  Now if the bride or grrom is changed, as sometimes happens in the movies........
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    knlee78 said:
    So we decided to use a friend for our officiant. Seems to be no big deal. I got my programs printed with their name and I have recieved them. I love my programs and they weren't exactly cheap. The issue now is that my officiant may not be able to perform! It is up in the air at this point....I am 2 months until my wedding date and I dont like this uncertainty. If it comes down to it and he doesnt perform...should I get new programs, leave them the way they are (id probably try to find anothet friend to do it and not a religious figure), or white out the name on my programs (they are white but you of course will see the stuff)..... Anyone else deal with something like this????? Id hate to just throw all my programs out and eat that cost.
    White-Out would be super tacky.
  • Options
    I agree; leave them the way they are and make the correction later. A quick announcement at the ceremony would be even easier than trying to make sure everybody gets a correction slip. Plus, if it's obvious that your new officiant isn't the person listed (i.e. a woman listed as "David"), it could be a funny way to break the ice.

Here's hoping you don't need to use our advice!
  • Options
    April192002April192002 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2014

Depending on what the programs look like, you might be able to take them to a local printer (Staples, Office Depot, Kinkos, etc.) and have the correction printed at the bottom somewhere. The FREE option is to say a thank you during toasts to friend who was able to fill in on such short notice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards