Wisconsin

911...Madison-bach party planning

Help!!!  I just moved to Madison and my sister decided she wanted to make it "easy" for her bridal party from all over the US and have her bach party in Madison...in JANUARY!!!  So being new to the area (and relatively OLD) I have no idea where to go.  Please help me as of course I want to make sure she has a good time!  Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Re: 911...Madison-bach party planning

• bwisco123bwisco123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of activities are you looking for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • krisadiazkrisadiaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone will be in town for a weekend so we were thinking:
    Friday: chill
    Saturday day: Spa or adventure (ski/snowshoe/snowmobile etc????)
    Saturday evening: casual/fun dinner place; activity (found miss pole pole dancing????) or something like that. Then fun bar hopping where we can dance but maybe not totally college

It is a fun group of girls so they would be up for pretty much anything!!!

THanks for your thoughts

• breannalynnbreannalynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to do a spa day I recommend going to the Ultimate Spa and Salon in Monona.  For the evening you could go to some of the bars around the capital for dinner and drinks.  They can have less of a college crowd than the bars on State Street. Maybe dinner at the Great Dane downtown and then go to Madisons across the street for dancing?   I hope this helps!  Good luck with your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Juliaav79Juliaav79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the above poster, that the Great Dane (downtown) is prob. a fun place to go. They have little sample packs of microbrew beers you can all try!

Madison's is great for people watching and I love the Opus for some champagne cocktails and they have the best mojitos in town.

Kneaded Relief has great massage and spa days and great specials also. If you want to do adventure - how about sledding at Elver Park?! A little kid like maybe but so fun! or Ice skating at Tenney Park. Saturday indoor Farmer's Market in the morning too!

Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I enjoy going to comedy shows when I'm out in Madison - maybe they could go to a show and then out dancing afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Opus and Madisons for my Bachelorette. 

Great Dane would be a good place for dinner, so would Brocach, The Old Fashioned, or Tutto Pasta.  They're all very close to the capitol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bwisco123bwisco123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you do catch a comedy show - the comedy club on state street is great!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP and to go to the Comedy Club on State Street. It is always fun, even if the comics aren't funny. The Old Fashioned is a beasutiful place to eat and I love it! Madisons would be a pretty good place for dancing, the crowd is usually rather mixed.

You can also have a Pure Romance party maybe before going out to dinner?
  • krisadiazkrisadiaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the fun ideas.  Very much appreciated!  All the best to you brides especially!
  • Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This might be a bit far (sorry not from WI) but my FI sister had a spa day at Kohler Water Spa.  It was absolutely amazing and relaxing.  If its not too far I recommend going there, I loved it as did the other girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards