Wisconsin
Options

Hair and Makup Salon Advice

I am looking for a good salon in Madison for Hair and Makeup-both RZ and Aniu are so expensive I'm hoping to find something a little more reasonable.  I looked into a place called "Head Games"  -they sound good but has anyone else had any experiences with them?

Re: Hair and Makup Salon Advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this place, so I went and looked them up.  I noticed that all the stylists had different pricing listed for the different services.  This is probably based on experience.  So you could probably get a really good deal using someone with less experience.  Even if a hairstylist has less years in the field, the majority of them went to a school (like the Avada institute, etc) and still have the technical experience.  I think if you go in an do a hair trial (I know it's more money, but it will probably help you decide!) that will confirm your choice.

A couple of other things i would look at: where is your wedding being held?  I noticed they are pretty far on the east side, so if they aren't going to travel (or it's a huge fee) you'll have to think that you'll need to add another 30-hour depending on where your ceremony is.  Mine is downtown so I know it will probably take at least 15 minutes to get out there at back, especially on a Saturday.

I know there are a couple people on the boards that have recommended "Bride Heads".  Updos cost $50 and makeup $30.  They also will travel to you in Madison (I think for free if I understand the website correctly) which is pretty nice.  I've only heard good things, so I think I will look into there.

HTH, sorry I can't actually give them a review!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards