Maryland

Celebrations at the Bay??

Anyone have updated pricing for Celebrations at the Bay? It looks beautiful and maybe a place we want to have our wedding (ceremony & reception). We don't want to do a consult unless we know we can afford it. A month ago we went to a venue, fell in love and found out it was completely over our budget...so we don't want to do that again. We are looking for about 100-120 guests and seems like the Chesapeake Ballroom (not the tented one) would be best for our guest count.

Re: Celebrations at the Bay??

• No idea what the pricing is like. I've been trying to get it, too, without going there. While the salesperson has no problem calling me like crazy to try and set up an appointment to come see what they have, he refuses to tell me whether what they can offer is within my budget... even when I provide my budget.
  • We went there and looks like we are going to book with them. Yes...it is expensive but they include EVERYTHING. Other venues we looked at charged extra for colored linens, colored napkins, chiavari chairs, etc. So once you add all of that up, it comes to about the same price. It all depends on what all you want included. They also will show you what pricing would be at their other locations, or if you booked on a Friday, Sunday or Saturday morning.
  • My DH and I checked out another venue from the same company ( Uptown Catering) and were turned off by the wedding factory nature of it. First, the person we met with asked us our budget and what we were looking for. She went away while we watched testimonials on a laptop and then gave us a proposal that was 2K above the max we had given them.
    Plus when we asked about lowering the price or finding ways to make it within our budget she had to "go in back" to "talk to her manager" (were we buying a car???).

When she came back she said they could do it for less per person if we booked in the next five days.

Nope.
  • We looked there first before our wedding and while it was beautiful and they included a lot, it was also incredibly expensive.  I can't remember the exact details, but I know that for a wedding with 100 guests in May (we were looking for a wedding in 2012) it was over $20K.  And that was with only beer and wine, no liquor.  This also included the ceremony, at the time we thought we would have the wedding there too (we decided to get married at our church instead).  I just remember that the quote they sent was more than our entire budget for the wedding - I'm pretty sure that there was a fee for the ballroom on top of the per person meal fee.

We did go to a tasting and the food was great, though.  Just completely out of our budget.  And we did find our baker through them - SugarBakers in Catonsville.  They have a contract with Uptown so they were at the tasting as well.  Amazing cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards