California-San Diego
Options

Help!!

Hi All.  
I live in NYC but I am having a destination wedding in San Diego on July 27th.  My hope for my favors were to make my mothers Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies (they only consist of butter, flower, walnuts and powdered sugar).  This is important to me because she passed away 2 years ago and she made them when we were growing up.  I was hoping to be able to do it while I was there a few days before but I am not going to be able to.  I have contacted a handful of bakeries to see if anyone was willing to help out to make about 200 cookies but so far everyone has turned me down.  It could even be an employee who would like to do it at home on the side.  

If anyone has any baker contacts that might be interested in helping out please let me know.  I can supply all the ingredients when I arrive and will pay for the service!! 

Thank you in advance!

Re: Help!!

• Options
    Almost all of the bakeries make some sort of Mexican wedding cookie down here, their hesitation might lie with using your recipe and not theirs. When we were looking at wedding cakes, they all had clauses saying they couldn't alter any of their recipes because they didn't want to compromise their taste. Does it HAVE to be your mother's recipe? I know it would be really special because she passed away, but having the cookies, even if it's not her recipe, would still be a good way to honor her, if the alternative is not having them at all.
  • Options
    lvshelleyjmlvshelleyjm member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards