Wedding Invitations & Paper

And so it starts!

I really thought I had a completely stress-free wedding planning process in place. Zero family drama and happiness abounds!

Then I got an email from my cousin last night. She lives out in Washington and the wedding is here in Massachusetts. She, her sister and their husbands are flying out for the wedding and I'm so touched and pleased that they will be here. We don't see each other much and I feel so very honored that they are willing to make the trip. They are planning to come out a week early, spend a couple of days in Boston, go to a Red Sox game, go to the Cape and then come to the wedding. 

The email last night was an FYI.... "FYI, 'daughter's name' and 'niece's name' will also be coming. We have our hotels booked and we can't wait to see you!" It seemed to me that she was feeling out whether an invitation for said daughter and niece would be forthcoming based on the fact that they will be here anyway. These are adult children (late 20's early 30's I think) whom I have met 2-3 times in their lives. As I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time reading advice from you knotties over the last 8 months, I think I addressed it well, leaving no room for interpretation.

My response was, "That's so great! I can't wait to see them both!! I just wish I could include them in the guest list for the wedding but we are super tight on budget. Hopefully they will join us for the after-party? I'm so unbelievably excited to see you."

I haven't heard back from her so I'm wondering if she's a little bit miffed. Thoughts? Feedback?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: And so it starts!

• She might be miffed but don't worry about it. You did everything right.  I've been in the position of being the person that couldn't be invited to the wedding because of a huge "must invite" list on the groom's side but did get invited to the after party.  I wasn't the least bit offended. I understood the situation.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I think you handled things with class and grace.  It's possible that she's miffed, but you might give it some time.  Maybe you'll hear from her again soon.
  • If she is miffed that is her problem.  You handled this perfect and she is in the wrong for thinking she can just add people (especially grown ass adults) to your guest list.

• You handled that great!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards