Snarky Brides

Honey, hold on one sec.

I'm sure this has likely made the rounds on theknot previously but FI showed it to me last night and it was all I could do to keep my jaw off the floor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honey, hold on one sec.

• I always joke around with FSIL that this will be her but only because she keeps her phone in her bra. God, I hope she wouldn't do this on her wedding day. It is not only disrespectful to her future husband, but to the guests and officiant as well.

• Ooh.  Oh that's just awful.

Good luck, sir.  
    Anniversary

• WTF
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wait, people put phones in their wedding dresses? Really? that is really sad. Everyone I would have wanted to be in contact with would be there. Now my DH did call someone before the ceremony started. His good friend was not there and he wanted to know why (OOT wedding, he was in town for 2 days already). Said friend said "Oh shit". Apparently he was at a bar with 2 others. Oops. They made it to the wedding on time. After that the phones were not looked at until the next day.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I would have walked down the aisle the other way and just kept going.  No reason to marry someone like that.
  • All I can think about is whether she stuck her phone in her dress during her fittings too, cuz no way no how will I be able to fit a phone in there when all is said and done.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • And her husband (still fiancé?) should've been like....

SaveSave
  • DH said I'd would have dropped your hand and walked away. If the ceremony means so little that you can text during it, then the marriage means so little and the groom needs to run far, far away.
  • Changing her FB status?
  • Oh Hell No.  I feel sorry for that poor man, and the look on his face tells me that he is just as "WTF" as everyone on here is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ugh, is this for real?  My first reaction was "sooo fake" but the groom looked embarrassed so I am beginning to wonder if this is genuine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My wedding dress had pockets and I had my cell phone on silent in my pocket the whole time -easier than keeping track of a clutch. I don't wear a watch and I needed the alarm reminder to take a pill on time. No way in hell would I pull it out and TEXT during the ceremony.

Anniversary
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    The husband looks like he is second guessing his decision to marry her. As he should.
  • I have to wonder who she is texting... Maybe an important family member that couldn't be there like her mother in the hospital or someone overseas in the military? Even so, that can wait, amirite? I have to wonder if this was staged but I agree with PP that the groom looks a bit irritated.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• You can see him physically restraining himself from reaching over to her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fella actually managed to hold it together for a second, then exclaimed 'THE F*** ARE YOU' and commenced sputtering about her.

Seriously. If I was the groom I would probably... well...

I'd just lose my shit.

• My thing with this is, there is POSSIBLY an extenuating circumstance - someone the groom really wanted to be there? But who couldn't, originally, and then decided they could, and connived with the bride to surprise him? ....it would be a convoluted, confused mess but it is not SO very far outside the realm of reality.... still, though, delegate that shit!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    My thing with this is, there is POSSIBLY an extenuating circumstance - someone the groom really wanted to be there? But who couldn't, originally, and then decided they could, and connived with the bride to surprise him? ....it would be a convoluted, confused mess but it is not SO very far outside the realm of reality.... still, though, delegate that shit!
    I don't know — any extenuating circumstance I could think of would still not be enough to excuse this behavior. At a certain point, as much as the groom may have wanted that person there in your scenario, I doubt it was enough to warrant interrupting the ceremony. I mean, do all that you can do before the ceremony, sure, maybe even stall a bit… but once you walk down the aisle, put the damn phone away!

The only other thing I could think of would be a beloved family member in the hospital or something, and you're waiting to hear an update. But in that case, if it's that important, you should really be postponing the wedding. You shouldn't be thinking about anything else during the ceremony.

So no, I don't think there's any good excuse. When I showed this to FI, we both agreed it would be grounds to call off the wedding.
  • *looks down bra*

Ok, I got me some big boobs. Really big boobs. But how the hell am I supposed to fit my phone there? There's no extra room in the cups and I'm a little bit addicted to a tight band to not kill my neck and shoulders. It's not even the weird shape per DF's question, I seriously can't fit my phone even if I take my Ballistic case off since this sucker takes my itty bitty phone to monster sized.
  • I'm a reporter and I was reporting on a Fourth of July celebration.  So I asked this woman if I could snap a few pics of her decorating her float.  She's wearing this long maxi dress.  She says yea and I take some photos.  And then she says, "Oh, can you see my phone through this dress? Did you notice it in the photos?"  I glanced down and she had it in the front of her dress.  I said no, and I was thinking, "No, because I wasn't LOOKING AT YOUR BOOBS! when I asked to take your photo."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards