Getting in Shape
Options

In desperate need

Ok so with 2 young kids, working full time 5 days a week and my fiance working until late every day, along with running the house most of the time, I barely have the time and energy to get anything accomplished when it comes to myself! I'm at that point where I know I need to do some sort of "workout". I used to work out a lot before having my first son and meeting my fiance. When we had our second, thats when spare time  became nonexistent. I'm aware that doing something for myself is essential for me to feel better but how can I justify it as well as find that spare time without neglecting anything or anyone?! I not only want to lose weight for my wedding but in general. I'm looking to lose 20 lbs...any suggestions on how I can satisfy everyone and not feel guilty?

Re: In desperate need

• Options
    edited July 2014
    You might have to rearrange your schedule. Can you wakeup before the kids to do a yoga DVD? Can you stay up a little later after they go to bed? Or how about going on a family walk to get the kids involved? (with stroller if necessary) If you modify your diet a little (clean eating, less carbs, more veggies, etc) and add a little bit if exercise (such as a walk) you will notice a change. It might not be a quick thing, but any little bit can help! What about at work? Can you take a short walk on your lunch break?
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I definitely recommend the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. If you can sneak in 22 minutes to yourself during nap times, after they're in bed, or while they're still asleep in the morning I think you'd be surprised by the results that DVD could give you! 
  • Options
    I have the same problem.  I have 2 kids, a full time job etc.  It's been REALLY hard to make time to work out--but I also love the way I feel when I do it.  I found a DVD set that works for me, you're in done in under 1/2 hr and you've gotten a great workout. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards