Not Engaged Yet

Monday Blues

2»

Re: Monday Blues

• My weekend was pretty good. 

I had a half day on Thursday and decided to be a lazy bum and got caught up on my DVR. It was rainy so I didn't feel too bad. 

Friday was... busy. Long story short, H and I found a dog abandoned across the street from our house. She looked terrible, mange all over her body, her hair was 98% gone, major eye boogies, inside of her ears were black, and she was missing a chunk out of one ear. She was really, really sweet and friendly. We brought her to our basement and backyard, gave her water, food, and a blanket to lay on and started calling every no-kill shelter in our area. H's boss ended up knowing someone who owns a shelter in North Jersey and she came and picked her up that night. It'll be about 8 months before she can be adopted but she'll be as good as new soon :) I cried when she left (bittersweet tears). 

That night, we had a BBQ in our yard with all of our neighbors and then stood on our front steps where we could see the Jersey City fireworks AND the NYC fireworks which was awesome. 

Saturday, H worked and I was lazy in the morning. Then I went and met him in Brooklyn and we went to the minor league Cyclones game at Coney Island because it was Seinfeld night. It was really hot and we were kind over it once we got our Bobble Head dolls and left in the 3rd inning. We went out for dinner and drinks that night. 

Yesterday, we spent the entire day deep-cleaning the apartment and organizing the basement. I set aside a bunch of wedding stuff for @buddysmom80, @goldenpenguin, and @hummingbird125! I watched Big Brother and went to bed a little early. 

• @blue yay for no pain and yay for putting a new offer in on a house!! Pics?

Anniversary

• Yeah @Blue&White - Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a good inspection! This weekend was a mixed bag. Not trying to vague-Knot and I want to post about the negative stuff but I'm still trying to process it myself. In general, I feel like H and I hit a rough patch recently and are arguing more than we should. I'm thinking it is the combination of the new city, new job, trying to find a home, new commutes, etc. He's harping on my weight gain in a really non-constructive way too. I know we love each other and will make it through this but I could use some positive stories if any of you have gone through similar rough patches with your SOs. @Phira - If you are lurking, I'm thinking about you and hoping you guys are doing better.
  • Awesome news @Blue&White! 

Also, where were the $4 movies? You'll have to MSG me the details. It's so much cheaper to go to the movies your way instead of towards my way lol 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @minskat30 um, trust me it is mainly the new house.  Buying a new house is stressful!

@peaseblossom55 I promise pics once the appraisal comes back okay, lol.  We are so dang paranoid with this house because of the last one falling through that we're like trying not to get our hopes up.

@ollie08 I'll message ya asap :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue I completely understand, sending good vibes your way that it all works out.  I expect pics at some point even if it's after you move in.  :-)

Anniversary

• My weekend was ok. 

There was some more drama with my brother and his BF and it definitely put a damper on our 4th.  But DH and I have decided that enough is enough.  If my brother chooses to date a rude, inconsiderate, selfish, immature CHILD, knowing full well all the drama that it causes, and refusing to consider how it affects everyone around him, then that's his choice.  But we don't need to be around for it.  It's really enough already.

On Saturday, DH and I went to a farmer's market.  And then had sex.  Four times.  Oh, and we went out to dinner and a movie.

Yesterday, we did some things around the house.  I made soup, since we're both getting over colds.  And I made an extra pot for my boss who just got back from her FIL's funeral this weekend.  (It was a very unexpected, sudden passing.)  We did some laundry and shopping and groceries mixed in there too.

All in all, it was pretty good.  The thing with my brother sucked, but I do feel much more at peace with my decision to keep him at arm's length.
  • @Blue congratulations! That is super exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This weekend has been OK... I'm off work today as a comp day since I worked all of last weekend, which is nice. I've slept in every day, but I still feel exhausted. My allergies seem to have come back with full force (so I guess the allergy shots aren't working?), and FI and I both had some trouble sleeping last night.

Thursday night FI took me to PF Changs as a belated birthday dinner date. It was delicious. I love their Great Wall of Chocolate so damn much. Then afterwards we came home and watched Legend of Korra and went to bed early. Friday we slept in until noon, and I had to skip the gym because I was having trouble walking from the previous two days' workouts. We went to a friend's apartment for BBQ, and we watched the Power Rangers movie for some nostalgia and then played CAH afterwards. Saturday we slept in again, and then FI and I got in a huge fight over the wedding budget. I went to the gym for like 2 hours to get all the hurt and anger out of my system, but it still took us a few more hours to talk about it. Afterwards we went to dinner with some friends and had a few people over to play Zombie Munchkin and then watched the newest 300 movie. Sunday we slept in and were lazy bums almost the entire day. It was glorious. I did tons of laundry, stayed in PJs until like 4pm (had to go to the grocery store at that point), and I brainstormed the fun part of wedding planning stuff (potential honeymoon destinations, window shopping on Mod Cloth for bridal shower and e-pic dresses, etc). FI went to work for about an hour, then we had leftover spaghetti for dinner. I turned in early and watched That 70s Show in bed for a while and knitted, and then FI came in around midnight for bed. We tossed and turned almost all night, and I had a few nightmares, so yay. I was going to be super productive on my day off today, but now I'm all "meh" about it. lol. We'll see what I end up doing. I need to get my nails done, and I'd like to do spin class + leg day tonight at the gym. I also need to start packing up the apartment since we move in 3 weeks... 

• Happy Monday everyone!!!! It seems like everyone had exciting weekends!

Friday FI and I got up early (5am) and headed out to NY to visit my parents. We got there around 9am and spent most of the day relaxing and drinking. At night, their neighbors set off fireworks and we could see fireworks from the other two lakes near them. We were worried about Quigley and Bart but Quigley would sleep through them and Bart was not scared at all. We were all surprised. It was SO COLD too! I had on wool socks, sweatpants and a hoodie and kept my hands under Quigley for warmth!

Saturday we lounged around and then my dad and FI put together a clambake for a late lunch/early dinner. It was DELISH. It had potatoes, kielbasa, mussels, clams, lobster, shrimp and corn on the cob. I was stuffed, I almost didn't have room for lobster but there's always room for lobster!

Yesterday FI and I drove home, hung out at home while I did laundry, got some subs for dinner, watched BB and went to bed. OH and we also let the venue know which dishes we wanted to try for our menu tasting Sunday. I'm going to be such a fat kid on Sunday, we're trying all the foods!

Today after work, FI is picking me up and we're going up to Newtown to meet some kittens that we'll hopefully adopt, I'm going to make a seperate post about what's been going on.

I missed everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 I looooved the tasting at our venue haha. It even included a wine tasting, who knew? Have so much fun! @loves2shop4shoes the sex by far outweighs the brother/gf drama :) good job, lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Glad everyone had a good weekend!
  • @CloGreenEyes - Idk, I'm not sure if I just don't "click" with this therapist, or if I was just uncomfortable because it was my first time. Whenever I was done talking, she would just stare at me for what felt like FOREVER. I know she was probably doing that to see if I had anything else to say...but when I'm done talking, I'm done. Let's keep going. I didn't like that. Also, I got really emotional while I was there last week, and after having a wonderful, perfectly happy weekend, I don't feel like crying for what feels like no reason at all. /rantover.

@Hummingbird125, yeah, that can be uncomfortable. I went to someone like that once. There's a fine line between therapeutic silence and just awkwardness. Maybe today will be a little better since you have more an idea about what this person is like, and hopefully she'll have a better idea of what to ask/discuss. Good luck!

@Dignity100, thanks for the tips! I will pass that on to my dad. Especially since it's still early with this first medication, it's good to know that there are other things that can help.

@severmilli12, yayyyyy for having an officiant! I'm glad y'all communicated and cleared up the misunderstanding. :)

@Blue & White, congrats on the house! Crossing everything for a successful inspection and all that other house-buying stuff.

@minskat30, *hugs* I'm sorry life stuff is happening and not being the best. Hope everything gets better soon!

@loves2shop4shoes, I'm having jealousy of the multiple sexy times! (Don't mind me, just feeling ridiculously sorry for myself in this area, lol.) I'm sorry your brother/brother's partner caused some drama over the holiday, but sounds like you are handling it well. It sucks to have to distance yourself from family, but sometimes it's necessary for your own sanity.

I did well on my exam this morning, BTW. So happy for good grades! I've determined that no matter how long I study I will continue to pass with flying colors, soooo two hours of studying wins over ten. When we review the exams, I always understand why I got things right and wrong, so as long as I know the rationales, I feel like that's good, yes? I think so. I'm just pretty relieved about that.

• @severmilli12 YAY for having an officiant! And even more yay for him not being weird about your living situation. That was so weird! PS--did you hear back from the interviewer?

@Hummingbird125 Yeah, sometimes therapists can be weird like that... lots of uncomfortable silences while you talk yourself through stuff. I swear my therapist in high school considered it a personal victory when she'd get me to cry. Hopefully your next session goes better!

@love2shop4shoes Yeah all I got from that was sex. Four times. Man, that's a great weekend. That's epic.

@Blue&White YAY for positive developments with house and health! That's such great news!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards