Destination Weddings Discussions

Playa del Carmen Resorts... Which one though? Dreams... RIU... Barcelo?

We are planning a wedding to Playa del Carmen next year and we are currently choosing a resort. Obviously, they all offer different things in their packages but we plan on having the reception outside of the hotel so the wedding packages wouldn't matter. We have never been to Cancun so I was wondering what resort you would recommend as a great one! It would have to be a family resort as I have an 11 year old. 
My 3 choices are the Dreams, RIU and Barcelo but not sure which one is good all around with food, accommodation, etc.

Any advise?

Thanks!

Re: Playa del Carmen Resorts... Which one though? Dreams... RIU... Barcelo?

• We are getting married at the Secrets Maroma Meach in Playa del Carmen and it looks amazing! Since it is an all inclusive I would say go with Dreams (this is Secrets sister resort which is kid friendly). I've heard great things, good luck!
  • We are getting married at the Now Jade Riviera Cancun on July 26th.  They have been AMAZING to work with and I'm hoping we are just as happy with them when we get there in 2 weeks!!

Just had a friend of a family member return from the Now Jade and said nothing but great things about the food, the atmosphere, the resort and service.  I will post a review when we get back!

Good luck!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am leaving Saturday and we're staying at Riu Yucatan just for vacation and taking a day to check out resorts more towards Cancun. I'd be happy to let you know how it was after we get back since I'm sure we'll wander to other Riu's as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards