Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Catchy Domain Name Help!

Hi Ladies! I am having a hard time creating a unique but simple name for my wedding website. My name is Shameika (Meika) and his name is Richard (Rich) Simmons and I cannot think of anything simple but catchy. HELP lol. MeikaisRich.com, SimmonsLove.com, RichardandMeika. Richinlove.com, Meet-the-Simmons.

Thanks Ladies

Best Answer

Re: Catchy Domain Name Help!

• Options
    Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We just did weglandfiance.com. He nixed ourweddingisthebomb.com which made me sad. Richinlove is cute but I think just having one person is weird.
  • Options
    We just did smithwedding.com (with FI's last name). Every other combo with both our names was taken, and it's easy to remember.

• Options
    your best bet is to keep the domain name SHORT. That way there is less to spell and less for people to mix up.

I do not have a wedding website, but my work site is looooooooong and the next time I re-brand, I'm going to make it significantly shorter.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    We just did smithwedding.com (with FI's last name). Every other combo with both our names was taken, and it's easy to remember.

This is how fi set up our wedding website as well...besides using my last name was never even on the table due to length/complexity and our first names are too common and already taken!
  • Options
    HauteRoxy said:
    richinlove is my fave :)
    Also my favorite!  Short, easy, and quirky.  You also don't have to worry about guests of your FI or parents butchering your name (which is super pretty, btw)!  
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    richinlove is cute, but I would definitely stick with something that's easy to remember.  We just did Marriedlastname0906  (FI's last name and our wedding date).
    Anniversary

• Options
    I scoped out for months before we got engaged every variation of our two first names and bought them as I saw they became available. Actually the one I ended up using I bought off of some guy. It was clear he wasn't using it so I emailed him and asked. Turns out he had bought it years ago for a friend's wedding and never cancelled it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    WillandMonica was taken and I didn't like MonicaandWill, so I bought Willica. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like "richinlove".
  • Options
    I also like richinlove.  It would be nice to work in both your first names (meikarichinlove?) but short is sweet.  And easy to remember/spell for guests.
    ashleyep said:
    I scoped out for months before we got engaged every variation of our two first names and bought them as I saw they became available. Actually the one I ended up using I bought off of some guy. It was clear he wasn't using it so I emailed him and asked. Turns out he had bought it years ago for a friend's wedding and never cancelled it?
    I'm getting married in ten months and haven't given a single thought to a personalized domain name.  Is this a typical thing?  I'm not snarking, I'm just genuinely not sure if this is something we should spend time and money on.  I can see it might be nice and convenient for guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Thank you ladies for all of your assistance and help..he too like most of you agreed that he would like for my name to be included even though our friends and family love "Richinlove" lol! I will most certainly let you gals know what we've decided.

xoxo
    Meika

• Options
    Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We did a personalized domain name because it saved us a lot of money on adding direction cards, and hotel info, and all that kind of stuff, to our invitations. We are just printing the address on the invite then "for more info visit weglandfiance.com" or something to that extent, which looks nicer than theknot.com/wedding/weglandfiance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards