Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Courthouse Wedding Honolulu

13»

Re: Courthouse Wedding Honolulu

• beethery said:
    This entire post makes my head hurt. However, the one thing that stands out to me is the "I can't afford" or "we can't afford" statements followed by "we can afford, but we're frugal." I'm sorry, but the difference in cost for the marriage licenses is $30. Is $30 too much money to spend on marrying your life partner, the person you love more than anything, and on top of all that, a huge potential savings on insurance (not that I agree with that reasoning.) Also, lunch at McDonald's or Pizza Hut is not ideal, but it's something. Is another $20-$50 not worth the thank you for years of support, celebrating love, and being thankful? Being frugal can be a very wise thing, but not when it comes to something of significant importance, like simple respect, kindness, and compassion.
    My crazy old grandpa likes to use the phrase, "Penny wise, pound foolish."

Frugal? Cool. Unwilling to drop a little money to actually get married in Hawaii? Foolish. Unwilling to give mom a nice thank you lunch? DAMN FOOLISH.
    Or just plain cheap!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards