Wisconsin

question about Shully's and Olympia Gardens tent receptions

I was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding or checked out the tents at Shully's in Thiensville or Olympia Gardens in Oconomowoc.  I'm going to see them tomorrow and from pictures they look nice, but I'm pretty sure they're going to be well over our budget.  I'm looking for something a little unique more than just the standard hotel ballroom, but we're really running out of options due to everything being booked or prices being too high.  We're looking for June 2012 and have about 200 people, so any other suggestions would be great.

(Side note)
We've already checked the following and they're completely full, too small, or too expensive:
Lakefront Brewery Palm Garden
Hubbard Park Lodge
The Best Place at Pabst Brewery
Wisconsin Club
Turner Hall
The Golden Mast
Sharon Lynn Wilson Center
Boerner Botanical Gardens
The Grain Exchange

Re: question about Shully's and Olympia Gardens tent receptions

• leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget for the venue? I haven't been to either of those venues, so sorry no help there. Some of these may be too expensive, but here are some unique places I looked into:

The War Memorial
    The Milwaukee County Zoo
    Villa Terrace/Charles Allis Museum
    Villa Filomena
    Milwaukee Public Museum
    Pier Wisconsin-Discovery World
    Cuvee

HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JennaNicole84JennaNicole84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're hoping to be between $10,000 and $12,000 total for reception and not go over that.  The War Memorial is full and the Zoo never called us back, a few of those I have yet to check and I'm meeting with someone from Zilli's on Friday. 
  • edited December 2011

Other thoughts:

Elm Grove Womens Club or The Rotunda (Waukesha).

Married: 5/21/11 TTC: 6/10/11 BFP: 8/7/11 (first baby) BabyFruit Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI - EGWC maxes out at 200.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Historic Pritzlaff Building in the Third Ward.  It can hold over 500 people and the rental price isn't too bad ($2000-$3000).  It is a great space as we were looking for something unique as well, but you have to find everything else yourself.  All that is included in the rental price is the space so you have to find caterers, bar service, tables, chairs, sound system, everything!

Gravity Marketing is the company that rents it out and who I am working with on all the details.  I would definitely check it out! 
  • varsity714varsity714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Warning about Shully's - I was looking at Ten Chimney's in Genesee Depot (very neat, unique space) and their exclusive caterer is Shully's. It took 10 phone calls/emails to get an estimate for 200 people. They told me everything was custom, and they would just send me sample menus, still with no pricing. I finally got them to price out the sample menus and allthe extras. They were more expensive then Bartolotta Catering!
  • kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olympia isn't too bad - I haven't been to a wedding there in a while. I guess the best way to describe it is that nothing stood out but nothing was offensive either.

Did you look at Delafiled Brewhaus? I'm getting married the same month and it was hard to find something in that area that was available and not outrageous. I've been to weddings at the Brewhaus and they were fabulous! I would have considered going there but ended up at Western Lakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shully's catering has amazing food.
  • JennaNicole84JennaNicole84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So we finally booked a place.  We went with The Miller Room at O'Donnell Park downtown with Zilli's Catering for June 23, 2012.  Shully's was beautiful, but the cost was wayyyy over our budget.  Zilli's is expensive but still fits in our budget.  Thanks for all the input though.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards