Not Engaged Yet
Options

UO/II/Complaints/Whateva

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
II: There are so many new posters that I can't keep straight and feel like I know nothing about so it's hard to engage with them. 

Complaint: Why didn't @PrincessSerenity38 ever come back? What a disappointment.

ETF paragraphs 

Re: UO/II/Complaints/Whateva

• Options
    II: Even though I tried to ask questions and participate in the new poster threads, I seriously don't know who any of you are and I don't remember any of your sn's and it gives me a headache...so I'm annoyed that newbs decide to all post intro threads at the SAMEEXACTTIME!

Confession: I don't want to participate in my "Extra speshul job training activities" on my downtime.
  • Options
    Complaint: I have a weekly conference call with my clients and coworkers, and one of my coworkers gets all shouty when she talks because she thinks they can't hear her SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE PHONE. I usually have a headache by the time she's done.

Confession: I need to stop knotting and get back to doing actual work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Complaint:  I can't stand people who make HUGE productions and complain about NONSENSE constantly.  Like, some of the time I just want to shout out, "IF THIS IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM YOU HAVE, YOU ARE LUCKY!"

II:  I get irritated by adults who rely on their parents to pay their bills and keep a roof over their heads, and then still complain about how rough they have it.  Must be nice!  I've been financially on my own for 8 years now, and I'm 26!  I just can't with people.

Confession:  I haven't heard from my brother all week and I'm truthfully enjoying the lack of drama.

Completely Rational Irritation:  Kelani's posts.  OMG.  Life is not that complicated, and you only get to be a speshul snowflake when you're Kate Middleton.
  • Options

II: I'm sad and annoyed one of my best friends is moving away. I know I should be happy for her and her H but I'm sad and upset.  I don't want my friend to leave!

II: it's not necessary to your conference call be on speaker when someone in the cube next to you is on the same call. It creates the worst I hate cube farm

Confession: I have wedding withdrawal

Confession 2: I want to start trying for a baby now, but I know H & I agreed to wait a few more months.  I'm just impatient.

Anniversary

• Options
    Confession: I just want FI to get some kind of job so we can move in finally.

Complaint: Newbs. I've finally gotten to the point where I just can't take some of them. PrincessSerenity was one of my favorites in awhile though. It was entertaining. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    UO: I disagree with the common "rule" here that if you agree to be married and set a date that means you're engaged. If that's the case, then BF and I are considered engaged. However, we do not consider ourselves engaged and that's really the only opinion that matters. I wouldn't announce it on FB, I wouldn't tell people we're engaged. He wants to have a traditional proposal and I'd love that too. He's having a ring designed. Just because we say "We plan to be married next September 13", does not mean we're engaged. Shit happens. Things come up. Timelines can be extended/changed. Granted, I'm not in some turmoil about picking out dresses or hard venue searching, but we've browsed places online to get an idea of what we can afford. I just disagree that's considered pre-planning or that we're engaged in NEY eyes. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    @Ollie08

ETA: In all seriousness, I don't think thinking about when you would like to get married or what kind of wedding you want to have constitutes pre-planning. You and Q have talked about it and you ARE going to marry each other. It's not some hypothetical thing that you hope will happen but it may or may not. IMO, when you're visiting/booking venues/vendors you've crossed over into actual wedding planning which should be reserved for when you're engaged. 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Complaint: I had a 12 hour day yesterday and now I have to finish making my lab meeting presentation for this afternoon. I wish I could just be home, asleep.

Irrational irritation: My best friend is moving to the other side of the state, 2 hours away, and I'm really irritated (not at her, just at LIFE) that she didn't get a job closer to me. She's hoping to stay at this job for several years, and I'm hoping to not live in that part of the state, like, ever, so it's a huge bummer.

Complaint: My brother got engaged and is being REALLY quiet about it. Which is fine--I know that he's feeling really insecure about it because of his big divorce fiasco, and he doesn't want people to be upset with him. But I wish he would just own it. And I wish he would tell my sister. The two of them are ridiculous. He's upset that she's currently all about casual sex, and she's upset that he's all about settling down and makin' babies and being a dad to his soon-to-be step-daughter.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    phira said:
    Complaint: I had a 12 hour day yesterday and now I have to finish making my lab meeting presentation for this afternoon. I wish I could just be home, asleep.

Irrational irritation: My best friend is moving to the other side of the state, 2 hours away, and I'm really irritated (not at her, just at LIFE) that she didn't get a job closer to me. She's hoping to stay at this job for several years, and I'm hoping to not live in that part of the state, like, ever, so it's a huge bummer.

Complaint: My brother got engaged and is being REALLY quiet about it. Which is fine--I know that he's feeling really insecure about it because of his big divorce fiasco, and he doesn't want people to be upset with him. But I wish he would just own it. And I wish he would tell my sister. The two of them are ridiculous. He's upset that she's currently all about casual sex, and she's upset that he's all about settling down and makin' babies and being a dad to his soon-to-be step-daughter.
    But, that part of the state is closer to MEEEEE, so there's g2g potential :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    II: I don't get to post on here as much as I would like to because of my crazy work schedule :(. But I want to get to know all of you better! 

Completely rational irritation: Adults who crowd the gate at the airport before their boarding group is called. Last time I flew, I had to yell at grown men to move out of my way because my group was boarding and theirs wasn't. I will bitch them out if that happens later today on my way to NY. 

Confession: If I have to bitch out anyone who crowds the gate, my inner snob will make a rare appearance. I paid full fare for first class seats, and I have every right to board before them, and will make it known if they don't respond well to me asking politely for them to move. 

UO: I think people should have to apply for a parenting license in order to have kids. Proof of sufficient income, sufficient living conditions, and parenting classes are required in order to obtain a license. I am sick and tired of stupid people having kids. 

• Options
    @swazzle sorry but I have a newbie question. What is FFF? 

• Options
    Complaint: I can't get my nitrogen cylinder open this morning. And I broke a Dewar flask. And I can't get anyone else who can open that stupid cylinder either which means I'm working stupid late tonight. Because science.

II: I'm still bristly at kelani for her comments on my potential wedding dress thread.
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    @Ollie08

ETA: In all seriousness, I don't think thinking about when you would like to get married or what kind of wedding you want to have constitutes pre-planning. You and Q have talked about it and you ARE going to marry each other. It's not some hypothetical thing that you hope will happen but it may or may not. IMO, when you're visiting/booking venues/vendors you've crossed over into actual wedding planning which should be reserved for when you're engaged
    I agree with that, but in the thread below, the OP never claimed to be secretly engaged. Just that a proposal was coming before they announced to family and friends on Aug 1. Admittedly it's a little odd to have a date you're "announcing" it, but maybe they're having a family BBQ that day and will announce it then. And she didn't say that she had put deposits down etc, just that they had picked a date. Q and I have researched venues online to see what kind of wedding we can afford, and we've chosen a date. Now, if it turns out the short list of venues don't work out when we're actually engaged and actively planning, then we'll have to cross that bridge then. 

I just think that sometimes the board as a whole sees a newbie post and looks for something to call them crazy on. And there are some people who share their genuine feelings, and others who just jump on the band wagon because they want to fit in. Kind of like hazing. If the newb can tough it out and conform to the board's ideals, then they can stick around. 

Oh shit, I'd better stop or I'll turn into Captain Save a Newb!

• Options
    Flame Free Friday

Basically you could call out other posters that said stupid/questionable/asshole things all in one thread. 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    phira said:

But, that part of the state is closer to MEEEEE, so there's g2g potential :) 
    TRUTH.

@keptinstitches Okay now I want to know what happened.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ollie08 said:
    Swazzle said:
    @Ollie08

ETA: In all seriousness, I don't think thinking about when you would like to get married or what kind of wedding you want to have constitutes pre-planning. You and Q have talked about it and you ARE going to marry each other. It's not some hypothetical thing that you hope will happen but it may or may not. IMO, when you're visiting/booking venues/vendors you've crossed over into actual wedding planning which should be reserved for when you're engaged
    I agree with that, but in the thread below, the OP never claimed to be secretly engaged. Just that a proposal was coming before they announced to family and friends on Aug 1. Admittedly it's a little odd to have a date you're "announcing" it, but maybe they're having a family BBQ that day and will announce it then. And she didn't say that she had put deposits down etc, just that they had picked a date. Q and I have researched venues online to see what kind of wedding we can afford, and we've chosen a date. Now, if it turns out the short list of venues don't work out when we're actually engaged and actively planning, then we'll have to cross that bridge then. 

I just think that sometimes the board as a whole sees a newbie post and looks for something to call them crazy on. And there are some people who share their genuine feelings, and others who just jump on the band wagon because they want to fit in. Kind of like hazing. If the newb can tough it out and conform to the board's ideals, then they can stick around. 

Oh shit, I'd better stop or I'll turn into Captain Save a Newb!
    The OP from the thread said "we have already set our wedding date" which to a lot of people, myself included, means they have a ceremony or reception venue or both. You might really like a date, but until you've secured it at your venue there's always the possibility of it not working out. So when someone says "we've set the date", I take that to mean they've, at the very least, booked a venue. 

In that same sentence, she says "will be officially announcing our engagement August 1st." Again, from this, I assumed she considers herself engaged but they're waiting until that date to announce it to their families and friends.

• Options
    Confession -  Because of work and people not doing their job and creating more work for me; I swear I look just like this today:image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Compaint/II: I'm really grumpy with FI lately because so much of the "admin" duties of moving have fallen to me. I mean, I'm normally fine with handling this sort of thing, but it's a lot at once. All of the accounts are in his name, but I'm always the one to deal with the customer service people. As someone who has worked retail/customer service for 10 years, it's normally fine. I'm just annoyed right now because ALL THE THINGS must be changed at once, and he's not helping. Instead, he's trying to tell me how to do things or say that my reasoning isn't correct, and it's bugging the shit out of me. For example, I put in an address change request with our car insurance last night. I told him I thought the new address would cause our rates to increase since the zip code is the same as a local university's and it's a new county. He kept telling me I was wrong, blahblahblah. Sure enough, the rate went up $16 a month. His response? "Oh, you should shop around for new insurance then." Yes, let me do that in my infinite amount of free time. He said he couldn't shop around because rates will be higher for us since he's a male. No, no they won't. He's over 25 now, so insurance companies won't hold his gender against him anymore. They will, however, hold the THREE claims he's made on his car in the past year against him... but he seems to keep forgetting that. I don't know, I'm just annoyed. I feel like he doesn't think I know what I'm talking about, which bugs me. Maybe I'm PMSing. Now to deal with Time Warner and Gexa...

Complaint: Still annoyed with the jeweler. I asked FI to call him right when they opened since I was in an online training. The jeweler is very busy, so I specifically requested FI call right at 10am to ensure he could get ahold of him. FI waited until closer to 10:30, and no one answered the phone (of course). He tried again a few minutes ago, and the jeweler's wife said the jeweler will call FI back later today. I have a hard time believing this since he's said he would call me back over the past two weeks and hasn't... so yeah. They're also saying we'll probably have to go custom since the setting I like is no where to be found. This will more than likely throw us out of budget for the rings, but FI said that's fine. But now I'm trying to decide if I should find a different setting, BUT I NEED THE JEWELER TO KINDLY CONTACT US PLEASE! 

Yeah, I'm a grumpy butt today.

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I believe it's Free For All Friday, but I could be wrong. 

ETA: Ah, the thread updated before I finished my post :-P

• Options
    @TwoDimes - There hasn't been many flammable offenses lately. 

NEY started doing it a little after I started posting here (it was really big and very entertaining on E before that). There were some very dramatic threads and it split the board. Some people liked it and others were appalled by it and a lot of people GBCKed over it. Eventually, the KGs changed the TOS so it's basically illegal now, punishable by feathering. 

• Options
    @phira, with what? I'm lost.

Oh adding to my complaint: The LN2 Dewar is acting up too. What poltergeist invaded my lab? NEY, want to arrange for a long-distance exorcism? I need it to know that I mean it no harm but it has to go.
  • Options
    II:  my MIL has "adopted" her nephew's GF as her new BFF/daughter.  it shouldn't annoy me because it means she's bothering me less, but it does.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    @keptinstitches Sorry! Meant the prospective dress thread. I either missed it entirely or don't remember what happened.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    UO (maybe): I do not understand the deal with needing to have a specific date for your wedding. Whatever day you choose is special by default, I don't get needing it to be your anniversary or something.

Complaint: I hate my thesis right now and I'm having to push it back again! I haven't heard from my shitty advisor all summer (not unexpected) and I really just need to be done with it so I can cut all ties with this program because I pretty much hate everything and everyone connected to it.

• Options
    II: I emailed a bunch of restaurants on Monday to get a quote for our RD and haven't heard back. HURRY UP ALREADY GOSH.

RI: FMIL will. not. stop. facebook messaging me about the RD. And apparently she doesn't trust me to handle correspondence with the restaurants, because whenever I tell her I emailed one she's like "Oh, well I'll call them" or "Well I CALLED them and they said..." And she just sent another fb message reminding me to ask for the prices on alcohol, because that totally hadn't occurred to me. And just now another message asking me to have the restaurants send over a picture of their beer. Umm what?

Okay, done venting, now back to work...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards